Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2004 5:55:40 PM EDT
Well folks...I've been mulling around all the fun we have had in the COF's and I really am starting to enjoy bringing new ideas to the table, then having them modified to fit, using the infinite wisdom of the John/Jeff/good/evil duo!!! The next COF I would like to propose opens a few new types of scenarios. The biggest factor for developing this particular COF is the low turnout at the last two shoots. Frick-n-A we ran the last one 3 times each!!!! Anyway I kept looking at all the beautiful wreakage that has started to grace the valley we so affectionately run COF's, blast tannerite, and pull Full auto hijinks, and though we might use some of the new found additions to the CMMG environment in the new COF.
Again...low turn out makes me want this to happen because ultimately its a relatively complex COF (for me...so for an idiot I guess!!!!)

Take a look at it and then i'll try to glean my madness unto you!

Start at the BIG RED X to the window which will give you Area 1. Area 1 is a hostage situation in a car! You must not injur the hostages with ANY shrapnel from the car (let alone stray bullets!!), this MUST be engaged either from the window/around the corner from the BIG RED X!!!

Area 2 should be set up in a very difficult way. It can be approached in two very different ways. Starting from position 2a the shooter can engage the targets he/she can get to, but in position 3 you can engage ALL the targets from one point. Effective use of cover is critical here...from position 2a to position 3 you MUST be below the barricade to finish all engagements...or you are penalized for exposing yourself (nudity WILL be allowed!!
).

Area 3  will serve as a dual type area. It can be engaged all from position 3 in long shots, OR, for those using SMG's and pistols it can be engaged from available barricades!!! here we can get some short OR long range play into the mix. SMG's and pistols will be doing all the running!! heh Heh HEh!!

As I said before this course will be a little more complex in that its going to be set up the length of the valley now. All the way to the popper (or I should say..where the popper has normally been set at) will be the last engagement. The popper should be a good 15 yards after that!!! I think this way we might get some 75 yard shots out of the course!!!!

Well...what do you all think? Too much....not enough?

BTW...kpel308, can we start a sticky of COF submissions and past/present COF's for a kind of visual library? I think it would be pretty cool to see what we have run and hope to run in the future.

When are you gonna get a weekend off?

INPUT!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2004 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/31/2004 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Bummer....well how do you want the images? Do you just want the links to the images? Or do you want the images themselves sent to you ?
Link Posted: 5/31/2004 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks great, and since I'm setting my own schedule these days, I can actually make the shoot this time.  Yeay!
Link Posted: 5/31/2004 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I shouldn't have anything holding me down this weekend (So far I've been about 5/5 with something unexpected coming up and preventing me from making it.....so I'm not really holding my breath here)

I *REALLY* want to get up there for this one...looks like it could be a lot of fun.

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I will be there and so will Lisa.
The course looks good to me, I am more than willing to see how a garand will work in freeing hostages.
Hey Jeff and John, how is the field? still need the jeep just in case?
See y'all there!
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The course looks good to me, I am more than willing to see how a garand will work in freeing hostages.

Of course we all remember what happened when Duke Nukem took his Garand on hostage rescue.  Those things don't like hostages!
Link Posted: 6/1/2004 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/2/2004 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#10]

AUG 2004
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#11]
How about this ( I think I can post pics now):

Kind of a double kill house style with an alley shooting lane.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#12]
How large is the area we have to work with?

Left to right and how deep?
How high are the berms?

I want to submit something but I would like to know ho wbig of an area for safety.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Still working on a good one of my own but in the meantime here are a couple good ones from a Canadian Tactical carbine league.
This COF was based on Blackhawk down.

Assault

Stand
Link Posted: 1/14/2005 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Here AFSOC...neat COF

Link Posted: 1/23/2005 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#15]
This would be a different way to create the last shooting position on a COF.  After the shooter moves up and engages the last targets, then he could clear the weapon for the range officer.

Just another idea.

Link Posted: 2/10/2005 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#16]
How about this?

Time starts when the first bowling pin is hit and stops at the last.  This is safer then than the reactive poppers.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top