Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 9:36:45 AM EDT
Hey folks, yesterday was my first time out shooting with MODCC and I had an EXCELLENT TIME! her
Sorry if I didn't introduce myself to everybody, but I was the one with the Plum AK and a duct-taped finger. Just call me SilverFinger from now on, heheh
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I did the scoring and was going to add everything up, but the clipboard disappeared once the machinegun stuff started up.  Its probably somewhere at CMMG.  I'll try to think of who won, maybe Jeff and John can find that clipboard.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Ahh, yes they started using the clipboard to record machinegun rentals. Hope they can post the scores!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Mike,
Undecipherable code dude!!! Truly a masterpiece worthy of decryption!!! Let me get my Captain Radioactive decoder ring and.....bzzzzzt......fsssst......paaahhhhfff......
ummmmm....... guess we'll just have to wait for the wizard to speak!!!!
I'll stick to the alchemy I know best!!!

Oh, and thats an SAR-1, none of that little stuff mind you!!!!!   7.62 all the way baby!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for keeping score Duke but i'm with MetalMan on this one.
Please decode this for us.
Please?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#6]
BE SURE TO DRINK

YOUR OVALTINE

Ok, just kidding, I just put my Little Orphan Annie decoder ring away, and here are the real scores!  

These are adjusted times, as you recall, a headshot or a hit within the X or 9 area added 0 seconds to your time.  A hit in the 8 or 7 added 3, and a complete miss added a full 10 seconds to your time.  The best two hits were scored, meaning that if a target wasn't engaged at all, +20 seconds for you!  After factoring in accuracy in this manner, the winner is the shooter who took the least amount of adjusted time to complete the course of fire.  

That person is John Overstreet, the overall winner, who blazed through the COF in 33 seconds and had only 4 shots which were not perfect, (+3), giving him an adjusted time of only 45 seconds!  Here are the rest of the scores:

Place Gun  Name          Time
1    AR15  John          45 sec

2   SAR-1  Marshall      50 sec

3   SAR-2  Mike (me)     55 sec (Wolverines!)

4    AR15  Ken           56 sec

5    Mp5   Jeff          1 min

6    AR15  Eric W.       1 min 1 sec

7   CETME  Brett         1 min 3 sec

8    M17   Klaus         1 min 10 sec

9    FAL   Ozy           1 min 11 sec

10   AR15  Chris F.      1 min 15 sec

11   P90   Matt          1 min 25 sec

12   AR15  Jason         1 min 27 sec

13   M16   Chris         1 min 31 sec

14   G3    Erik K.       1 min 39 sec

15 AK(7.62) Mike B.      1 min 40 sec

16   UZI   John          1 min 45 sec

17 ENFIELD GaryM         1 min 46 sec

18   SKS   Joshua        1 min 50 sec

A few observations:

1.  GaryM gets the style award for running with an Enfield No.5 "Jungle Carbine" bolt action with only one mag.  Similarly, Joshua (Hellion) would have done much better with a gun that you can actually reload.  Someone get that man a stripper clip, STAT!

2.  Maybe there is a point to all that shit that Marshall (Metalman) has hung off of his SAR-1.  /me high fives Metalman-- "en fuego", baby!

3.  In this format I think its clear that full auto really doesn't have any advantage.  We are looking for quick AND accurate shooting--the full auto guns generally had the lowest uncorrected times, and some of the highest adjusted times.  That's why they call it spray and pray I guess.

Thanks to all who participated!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#7]
(Embarrased)
Duke...
I had stripper clips.
For some reason the first round out of the mag was catching on the feed ramp and I either had to guide it in by hand or just discard it all together.
Oh well I don't really care...I was just damn fun.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:02:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Just out of curiosity is the number 12 "Jason" supposed to be Justin.  You know what they say, the most important sound to a person's ear's is his own name. LOL, if it is me, don't sweat it, I've been catching "Jason" since about 2nd grade.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:26:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Did you run with an AR?  I was in a rush and there were lots of people whose names I had to ask for, or ask other people who they were.  Its probably you.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#10]
yup the incredible jamming ar. That must have been me. LOL.  
Later,
Justin
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I had a great time!  The FAL I had still needs work...I think it was the new mags, but the CETME worked great.  Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Brad  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#12]
SHD,

what's wrong with your FAL?  
I know Duke-Nukem's FAL was shortcycling last weekend.  Turned out the gas regulator was not screwed in far enough.  He was off by a full revolution ...
What kind of mag did you use?

oz
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's my run in ITTY-BITTY QuickTime movie:

Beta's Run

Next time, I'll slow down and get my second shots on target!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Here's Brad's (Shi-Huang-Di) run in ITTY-BITTY QuickTime: Brad's Run
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:32:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's Marshall's run: MetalMan's Manic Mayhem!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Very cool!  

Had to update my quicktime from apple.  Beta_mo thanks...i'll hook you up with some Flat Branch Brews!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top