Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2003 4:49:52 PM EDT
Hey....just got a bunch of steel cut and am planning the last build.

Heres how it wil go...We have 6 walls built. They will be all that will be done, if I can't get to the wood outside of the steel work I have ahead of me. I really have high hopes on the reactive targets, and plans are plans. I will just scrap the rest of the walls for some badass ringin targets!!!!

BetaMO said he'd be in for an all day build on the friday after thansgiving, so I am callin him on that, and gonna make it a date.

I found out my wife is gonna be in Tennessee during the shoot on Dec. 6 so I have arranged a babysitter for the girls so I can make it...thank freakin jebezzus!!

Time is short for me in this self appointed project, so I will try to get done what I can!!!
What I have so far still looks pretty fun...but it could be FUNNER! (as my 5 year old exclaims all too often!)

Also, a problem that may arise is that 6 walls and all the reactive stuff could 'probably' fit in my truck for the shoot!  I might need some help that day getting everything there! I might be able to get the walls there prior to the shoot, but we'll see.

Oh...and GaryM, the spike idea is what I am gonna do!!! I will mount 4 angle iron brackets to the bottom and side of each wall to secure it ito the ground.

I think that most of the walls will have a ton of structure just being screwed together, but thats a great idea! I just have NO money, and no re-bar to make the spikes! If anyone could bear that torch it would be super cool. I will burn 1/2" holes in the angle and wood (Oh yeah, wood 'keeps on' burning...maybe I should drill the wood) to accept these if they are/can be made!!!  Outside of that I have no materials for that particular design. Sorry!

IM me for directions to my house if you are interested....if not....the next shoot is gonna be SO COOL!!!!

Marshall
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I can come up with the rebar, how many will we need? Am I right in guessing 6 walls at 4 per wall minimum? let me know. This is gonna be one damn fine shootin' gallery...
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Roger.......I'm sure that will be plenty!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Metalman,

I can not be there Friday, family stuff, but I will get in touch.  The guys and I could build those walls in two hours easily even with beverage breaks.  

I will see what we can do.

Big Bore  
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:35:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm free the whole weekend. I have a bunch of steel I prepped and I am focused on that right now. If you want to come on Sat or Sun that'd be fine too!!! Just gimme a call. See if you can drag yer bro and Don too! I'm sure they know how to operate our beverage containers!!! HAHAHAH!!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I off Thursday thru Sunday, so I'll try to make it up to Columbia this time...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top