Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 1:16:21 PM EDT
St Louis, a glittering jewel of leftist accomplishments, has set new standards in the following:

"The Unhealthiest City (for Women) - The Gateway to the West has some of the worst rates of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in Self's (magazine) survey. "We've been named the national capital for syphilis several times," says Hoosna Haque, MD, a 31-year-old OB/GYN who lives in St Louis. "It's not something to be proud of."

The area also contends with high stress, poor air quality and excessive smoking - although officials hope to see a drop now that a new law prohibits smoking in buildings the city owns, leases or operates. And despite a recent drop in the crime rate, the St Louis metro area still has too many violent crimes and the most rapes per capita in our survey. Women here have the resources to live healthier lives - most have health insurance, and there are 44 hospitals and many parks - but "the message doesn't seem to have gotten out" Dr. Haque says. "The government could be doing a better job of promoting public awareness."

Self Magazine, Nov 2003

------
God, I hate this stinking nasty leftist hellhole...
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Most rapes per capita?  I really don't get it.  Even if I were a Congolese I just don't see that many women in St. Louis that I'd want to stick my pickle in.  Oh well, guess I don't think like a rapist, that's a good thing...
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yada yada yada

There are lairs, damn liars and then there are statistians!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top