Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2003 12:46:47 PM EDT
Anyone here in Rolla?  If so, do you know of the plans discussed to clean up the forest range south of town?  Just trying to find out if the plans fell through or if it's going to happen.  I plan to be there at 9:00 Saturday morning and if we clean great.  Otherwise I'm doing some shooting.  Figure I'll shoot the
M-1, Turk, Yugo and maybe the AR15.  Probably shoot the Beretta too.  Hope to do some cleaning and make that place look all better for about a day.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Never mind.  Household 6 changed my plans.  Maybe get out there tomorrow, but not happening today.  Hope ya'll got there and did some cleaning.  I sure do wish I had a truck.  I could do some major cleaning by myself if I did.  Oh well.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#2]
redleg13a,  I live between St James and Cuba. I never knew there was a range near Rolla other than the central ozark Plate shooters. I have never shot anywhere other than on private property. I would love to help out with whatever your doing. I need to find a group of gun nuts in this area. CB
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
CB69, I live in Cuba, I went and shot this morning at the Huzzah area between Leasburg and Steelville, Go there quite often. What do you shoot? I deal in AR15's, parts and have a Manufactures FFL, S.O.T. on  the way to do the Full Auto thing. We normally shoot AR's, SKS, AK, and Pistols. Contact me, I may know you, My initails are CB also
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#4]
CBell, I think I know who you are. I am going to send you an IM. I have several AKs, one AR a mini14 and an FAL. I enjoy the AKs much more than any of them. I will drop you a message. CB
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:13:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Chris, I sent you an Email. Anyone can reach me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
redleg13a,  I live between St James and Cuba. I never knew there was a range near Rolla other than the central ozark Plate shooters. I have never shot anywhere other than on private property. I would love to help out with whatever your doing. I need to find a group of gun nuts in this area. CB

Not really a range, just a small area on forest land everyone and their dog shoots at.  It is south of Rolla about 12 miles just off 63 hwy.  Kinda scary sometimes with some of the people you see out there, but at least it's close.  Can't shoot past 100yds and it's only one small "lane".  Most everything else is inside 50 yds.  Can't really have but a couple people shooting at the same time.  There are, however, several places in the area to shoot pistols.  No designated range, just a bunch of places to stop and shoot.

Not ideal, but it works in a pinch.  Only problem is it's always trashed out.  There were several of us going to go out and clean it up.  It would probably be trashed the next day, but...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Has the place gone downhill lately?  The couple time's I've been down there there was a little bit of trash laying around (soda cans and snackfood wrappers), but not too much else.

If you want to try to do another clean-up/shoot day, I'd be game if I can find a ride out there.

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:43:20 AM EDT
[#8]
The last several times I've been out there, people have set up boxes, microfridges, cans, plywood, pieces of furniture, etc. and shot the heck out of them and then left them in place.  They get shot to pieces so now there's junk everywhere.  I don't have a truck, otherwise I'd pick the stuff up.  There are also shotgun shells all over the place.  

It definitely needs cleaned up but I haven't been out there for a couple weeks so I don't know if it was done or not.  It doesn't take long to get trashed.  With some of the folks I've seen out there, it's no wonder.

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 6:17:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Redleg you need to come to a MODCC shoot, when we shoot at that kind of stuff, it's what you would call, self cleaning.

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#10]
When and where are they held?  Might be fun sometime if I can get the time to go.  As long as it doesn't fall on drill weekend, I should be able to break away.  How much ammo do you guys usually shoot up?
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
When and where are they held?  Might be fun sometime if I can get the time to go.  As long as it doesn't fall on drill weekend, I should be able to break away.  How much ammo do you guys usually shoot up?

We hold the meets the first saturday of the month. We used to meet at the Rocky Froks range but thankfully (And I am so thankful for the generosity of Jeff and John of CMMG) we now have our meets on private land only a few miles north of Rocky Forks (A few north of Columbia)
As for ammo I would guess 50rds on the light end to maybe a few hundred for our heavy ammo burners but don't worry about that, if you need ammo, someone will be happy to help you out.
The shooting we do is not the same as the range time you get in the reserves (guard?) we do action shooting. Shoot, move, shoot type stuff, none of the crawl in a hole and qualify stuff at all. We are there just for fun.
Any more questions feel free to ask, hope to see you there!
modcc.port5.com/
And our back up site for when ArfCom crashes...
simplesitespro.com/modcc/
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I always (almost) have drill the first weekend of the month.  Pretty much rules out my participation.  That's the one thing about being in the reserves or guard- drill is always the first weekend.  Wish it was the 2nd weekend.  I miss family reunions, shoots, and lots of other stuff because of drill.

Oh well.  Maybe I can make it someday, but not anytime soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top