Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 12:05:11 PM EDT
Oh my god I am sooo hung over!!!!!
I think we drank like over a case of beer as well!!! Ouch!!!!
Well with the help of Cutter75 and Shi-Huang-Di we built 6 wall panels this saturday!!!! Thanks guys!!!

Each wall is approximately 81"x4"x4'
They are light enough for someone to move by themselves and very durable! the face is sheet metal.
I figure that they can be screwed together in any configuration concievable, so their modularity is really flexible! Shi-Huang-Di is planning on building a door as well, and I'de like to add a window or two.

Jeff and John,
is your land really rocky? I want to put steel spikes on the bottom of the panels to fix them in the ground, but if your land is tough we might have to figure another way to stand these up.

Didn't get around to making any steel reactive stuff, but we've got till December, right?

Here's Cutter75 earning his name!

Cutter you left your jacket at my house by the way!!

I'de really like to do this again on next weekend ,so if anyone else can come and help it would free me up to get a bunch of steelwork done!!!

The COF's should be pretty interesting the more we build!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you guys did a damn fine job! I can't wait to get to see all your work in person. If I wasn't two and a half hours away I would be there with y'all doing what I could but dang, it is too far to drive every weekend.
Metalman, instead of welding spikes on how about steel rings in the base where spikes can be driven through? That way we can use hammers and if a spike gets destroyed just toss it aside and get a new one.
Anyway, great job guys, can't wait to try all this new stuff out.
BTW, should we start a pool on who will end up being the first person to accidently put a hole in one?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
HA!!!

Metalman said at the time "Now it is official, you are a Cutter"!!!

Next time he's going to teach me to weld...

These walls are very cool!

Good idea Gary. Rings (like tent loops) would work real well...

Metalman as some nice reactives in the works. Some will disappear when shot, so you know that you hit it, and can move to the next target...

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a great time!  Sorry I missed you and cutter at FlatBranch, great sandwiches and beer.  My favorite place.

I think next weekend will work, and I’ll try to make it earlier.  If the weather is good we can finish up the wall sections.  Hopefully we can get the reactive targets built and the door section.  If you guys hit the range this weekend i'll bring the L1A1 for you to check out Cutter.  

Also I am building a jig-metal-forming-thing for the CETME mags.  It will fix the problem on all the mags.  I show it to you this weekend.

Big Bore

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top