Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2003 7:20:19 PM EDT
Static-X has a new album out; Shadowzone

I've liked these guys for a while now. This album is certainly the band's most 'polished' of their three.

Man it took Metallica until 'And justice for all" to get polished.

I think Static-X and Powerman 5000 have some strange connection in their styles.
Not quite angry enough to keep my attention, but well put together and innovative enough for me to take notice.

What does everyone here listen too? I'm 34 so the 80's is really my time period I guess. (Am I a Gen-X'er?).  I had every Beatles album at one point, but then I  swayed into Zep, Sabbath, Rush, and Floyd through middle school. Metallica I remember in like '85 or '86 when I first heard SLAYER. High school was a blur. I think I saw IRON MAIDEN in concert like 6 times!HAHAHAH!!

Now all my musical tastes still remain pretty hard and industrial.

CD's in my player right now:

Static-X 'Shadowzone'
Fear Factory 'Digimortal'
L7 'Bricks are heavy'
System of a Down 'Steal this Album'
Ministry 'Animostisomina'
R.L. Burnside 'Come on in'
Bile 'Electronic Demonic'
KMFDM 'Godlike'
GWAR 'This toilet earth'
SoulFly 'Primitive'
Mudvayne 'LD50"
Nusrat-Fateh-Ali-Khan 'The day, the night, the dusk , the dawn'

I'm sure this isn't anything new in the forum, but I was just wondering what everyone else listened too?

Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Ray Charles, Howlin Wolf, Ted Nugent, SRV, Blues Brothers, DAC, Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, etc.

Can you dig it?  I knew that you could!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Pantra, Motley Crue, Slayer, Audio Slave, Ministry(older stuff), System of a Down, Lot of the same stuff you like but I will listen to just about anything. Country, Rock, Blues, NO JAZZ.

T.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a wide range of musical tastes...

Grew up listening to Nat King Cole, Roger Miller, Eddy Arnold, Hank Thompson, Charlie Pride, etc. (Dad's Music)
Then I drifted to Pop (at the time - late 60's) - Union Gap, Turtles, Beatles, Monkees...

Then the wonderful 70's - Led Zepplin, James Gang, Guess Who???, The Who, Jo Jo Gunn, Rod Stewart, Spirit, CSNY, Clapton, Hendrix, Jethro Tull, Rolling Stones, Doobie Brothers, ZZTop to name just a few...

Lots in the 80's I like, but I never became hardcore heavy metal - AC/DC is about the sum total of my H.M. tastes - Cars, Billy Joel, and many other artist of this decade...

I like classic R&B, Jazz, even some Classicals - Mozart, Grieg...
Some hip/hop I like - most of the rap can go though...

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Me First And The Gimme Gimmes (the all covers punk rock superband) just released an album of RandB covers that is awesome!

The Staggers just released "One Hearbeat Away From Hell". One of my favorite bands. Imagine The Misfits meet Johnny Cash. A long awaited follow up to their last CD.

Those are a couple of my new favorites. A couple of my all time faves:

Blood For Blood
Kicker Boys
The Bruisers
No Holds Barred
The Pogues
Midtown Bootboys
Blood Sods
The Offspring
Rancid
Social Distortion
Dropkick Murpheys
Skrewdriver
The Dwarves
The Beltones
The Last Resort
Niel Diamond (seriously)

And really, a bunch of other bands most of you probably have never heard of...........

Also, I love country (Cash, Haggard, Owens, etc..) and bluegrass. Just none of that nauseating new country for me thanks............
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I know they aren't new...or around for that matter...but don't forget SNOT!

Shamus i as well suffer the Neil Diamond affliction!!HAHAHAH!!! I listened to him and Johnny Cash, Olivia Newton John, AbbA, Willie Nelson and John Denver when i went on a trip to Yellowstone when i was ten. Good freakin memories...

music rules!

I still think I like almost all music...there is very little I dont like anymore...I think thats an age thing maybe....

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Shamus i as well suffer the Neil Diamond affliction!!HAHAHAH!!! I listened to him and Johnny Cash, Olivia Newton John, AbbA, Willie Nelson and John Denver when i went on a trip to Yellowstone when i was ten. Good freakin memories...

Glad to see I'm not the only Neil Diamond fan....  People always look at me funny when I rattle off the musical acts I like (various heavy metal & old school country) & they hear "Neal Diamond" on that list also.  

I still think I like almost all music...there is very little I dont like anymore...I think thats an age thing maybe....

Ramones (of course)
Type O Negative
Black Sabbath (Ozzy & Dio)
Metallica (pre Black Album)
Alice Cooper
Led Zep
Soundgarden
Primus (SUCKS! )
Reverend Horton Heat
Devo
Queen
Dead Or Alive
Depeche Mode
The Cure
Dwight Yoakum
Hank Williams (Sr & Jr)
Johnny Cash (RIP
Marty Robbins
Buck Owens
Neil Diamond
Ice T
Tori Amos
Wagner, Beethoven & other head-banging classical
Eastern European folk music (esp the Bulgarian Woman's Choir)

I'll have to check out some of the bands youse guys have mentioned.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I've yet to meet any of you guys, but if music is any indication, we'll get along great.By the way Rancid and OP Ivy are two of my fav. bands
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:24:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've yet to meet any of you guys, but if music is any indication, we'll get along great.By the way Rancid and OP Ivy are two of my fav. bands

Damn, I haven't listened to my Operation Ivy CD in awhile (I've got so much stuff on vinyl and CD, I lose track sometimes). And that's not good. They are a great band. Been a fan since I got their album for my birthday when it first came out.

Too bad they didn't put more stuff out.

Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to go grab it and put it in the truck now.............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top