Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2003 8:14:23 AM EDT
Well we finally got out ccw passed...
And my rights get shot down before the law even goes into effect.
The day after the override happens I go to work as usual (Abit this night I have A ear to ear grin) and guess what I saw?
A large sign with big red letters that reads as follows,
"NO FIREARMS PERMITTED".
I stood ther in shock, Horrer, and disbelief.
To put this into perspecitive for you guys I drive A sweeper truck, We clean parking lots and dump trash cans.
I routinely go into the city...I mean the Getto.
I'm talking some nasty places, Dark corners, No people.
Just me and the rifraf who prowl the streets at night looking for prey.
Now i've been attacked before and I AM NOT A  victim...But what am I susposed to do now.
It's legal but i'm still denided.
And the kicker is this, I quote,
"I'm not apposed to conceiled carry but I just don't want the liability."
What I pile of poop.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The sign MUST be 11"x14" and have MINIMUM 1" letters in order to be legal. Take a closer look at the sign, and if it doesn't measure up, do not say a word, and CCW. It is concealed, so your employer won't know, and if he finds out, well, the sign ain't legal.

Since you were attacked before, I'd say CCW anyway.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:16:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Ask the boss what kind of liability he will be responsible for if you get attacked and injured or, Heaven forbid, killed during the attack while out on the job driving one of his trucks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Did they possibly mean no firearms on the premises but it's okay in the trucks?

Just a thought jen
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
warning PWI!!

Fuck em, they don't own the streets. Maybe illegal on the premises but not on the streets, most they cn do is fire you and if you have a contract or a union they can't do jack.
BTW, do you sweep the ghetto streets were I work? In da hood? Kingshighway and Natural Bridge area? If ya do I will wave Hi to you guys instead of trying to make it difficult on you when I drive past, really, I will....
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ask the boss what kind of liability he will be responsible for if you get attacked and injured or, Heaven forbid, killed during the attack while out on the job driving one of his trucks.

That liability is capped by law at something like $100K.  THe work comp death statute gets you some money, but not a whole lot.  If you get shot but don't have the decency to die then your compensation depends upon your permanent partial disability set by the docs.  Check that sign again...:-)

Jeff D.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I took A look...The sign is WAY smaller than spec. :)
But truth be told I don't really care any more I've just about had it with him and his fucked up job.
Just told me to day that the whole place is going "Smoke free".
Fuck that 10-12 hours on the road with no smoking in the truck???
He thinks i'm weird now wait till he has to deal w/me after A night without smokes.
Think i'll just try to find A new job as I wait for Oct.4.
Oh and GaryM we do work in that area.
Probibly tried to run you down A few times. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top