Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 7:59:53 AM EDT
I was trying to wait until I had another job lined up, but this weekend was the last straw.  Even though jobs are very hard to find around here, I had to fire my job.

I work to live, not live to work, and the job was messing up my home life something fierce.

I'm studying for my Series 6 insurance license, and will be busting my butt trying to get things going.  The job was actually interfering with any attempts to go and find other work to the point it was impossible to make an appointment of any kind.  Heck, I'd make an appointment for my scheduled day off to get my hair cut, and I got called while I was in the barber's chair asking me to come to work.  Hell, they never asked, it was just expected.

I'm done.  At least now I can make the shoots!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Congratulations!

Sounds like you will be a lot happier this way.

Eric
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I work hard, and enjoy helping other people, and doing something important.  I was just tired of getting bent over the desk every day.  12 hour shifts on weekends, then wanting me to work a 12 hour day shift on my day off, then back to a 12 midnight the next day JUST SUX!

I was making a lot more money, doing much easier work, and had a regular schedule 3 years ago.  This job wanted me to risk my life and work my ass off for nothing.  I'm effing DONE.

Now, I can study hard, look for work, and take care of Zeny.  I tell you, that was the worst:  I'd be out playing with criminals, while she was at home alone.  Our neighborhood is going south, fast (I darn near always get jeered when I leave the house in my rent-a-cop uniform and pistol to go to work) with BOOM BOOM BOOM coming from car stereos all the time, skater kids blocking the street and refusing to move, etc.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:07:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like congratulations are in order...

Granted it is always better, or at least gives you a warm fuzzy, if you are looking for work while employed...
But your are a smart man, and I'm sure a BETTER job will present itself soon...

At least now you have time to knock on doors...

Sounds like you need to move to a new neighborhood...

If you can't wait till Oct 4th call me, and we'll pop off a few stress relief rounds together...

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]
yer the man, ken

sure something better will present itself

see ya on the 4th

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Allrighty then, what sort of job are you looking for? I can ask around and see if I cn find any leads if you like.
BTW, Glad to see you will be making the meets
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats!  I think.  Let us know what you are looking for and maybe we can help you network.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#7]
kpel308

Boeing is holding a job fair on the 11th of October.  You must apply for a reservation no later than 26 September.

www.boeing.com/careers

Click on the St. Louis Invitation-Only Interview Event button and follow the instructions - have a resume' handy.  You must be a US citizen for the positions that require a clearance.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quick intro here: I've been a lurker around here for awhile but will probably be a bit more vocal from here on out.  I'm from the Arnold/Imperial area (just south of STL).

Kpel, after my last interview yesterday it looks like I'll soon be studying for my series 6 and other insurance licenses also.  What company are you looking at working for?

J
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top