Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2003 12:40:08 AM EDT
Ok, well I'm getting a little bored of all the legal and CCW (I'm 19 so why don't care much yet) threads lately so lets spice it up a little.  
Anyway I am looking forward to the next shoot.  Lets get some details together.  I think we should get a list together of what everyone can bring to help out.

So far it seems like everyone is going to need a yellow safety flag for their weapon(s).

I'll bring a bunch of water and some sports drinks to keep everyone hydrated, and this time I will remember to stop for the ice....

Is Jeff going to be down again?  If so maybe we could get a list going of stuff we need from him.  I know I need a few followers and a back-up iron sight for the new upper.

You thoughts MODCC members?....
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I should be there this time.  Not yet sure if I'll be driving in from STL or from KC.   I may yet have to drop the wife and kids off in STL to see grandma friday night, sleep over there and then hit the shoot Saturday.  I am assuming someone will post time details and info on the COF and rounds/weapons needed before the 4th. (?)

I've got a few USPSA cardboard targets in the garage if we need those.  I am running a little low on pasters however.

Jeff D.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Last time we stated about 11:00 or around there.  No specific time, we just have fun really.  Also you can bring any kind of gun you want and you probably won't go through more that 100 rounds just by running the course a few times.  We had guys running with AK's, FAL's, AR's (of course), bolt action weapons, and even a full auto (S.A.W.).  A sidearm comes in handy as well.  I do think we need targets though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#3]
we should be there this time too

since it should be cooler (geez, i hope) wondered if we should bring the grill and brats again--apple and regular

or are there other requests??  i cant do anything as nifty as honeybee's vension sandwich stuff, but will field all requests

and i liked the look of that tent i saw in pictures--who brought it and can ya bring it again??
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a few B-27 targets at the funshow last weekend (anyone wanna guess why? , I wil bring what I can to the meet.
What else do we need? I can get started on some of it now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I as well am getting pretty excited about my first shoot! I need to get to the range once before it happens to get my baby all tight! Hee hee!
I have a pop up shelter similar to the one you all had last time I keep in my truck so I'll bring it as well.
Hey I was wondering.....I know that the course is the focus of the shoot , but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a second course, maybe on the small range as the course is being run. That way people could be cycling through two different excercises. I would be glad to moniter it during the shoot if someone would let up for me to run the course at some time during the day!!
I have a ton of steel targets that I have cut (all roughly 9"x10"  thicknesses from 5/8" to 3/4". AK's wont pierce em, but the 8MM Mauser I have will almost get through the 3/4" plate. I'de love to see a .50 blow a hole in that. I might even be able to scrounge up an 1" thick plate for the .50 if there will be one there!!!). But I can cut them down to a uniform size and shape. They hang from chains (which I have cut a billion times and had to fix on the spot and re weld at home later...which I do with a big grin on my face mind you, I am not complaining)
When you were all there the last time I was at the smaller range hammering the steel thinking it would be fun to have a sort of time trial speed steel target shoot!!! What do you think? Or do you think it would be too much?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Mrs. Jake, the tent will be up again for the next shoot, perhaps even a bigger one.

Metalman, The Conservation Dept. requires us to leave some of the lanes open for the general public.  By running a tactical course like the one we did, we simply close the right half of the range for public use.  So if we run another course in the left half of the range, I am afraid the Conservation Dept. will not like it.  Our members have used the left range for practice and zeroing their rifles before they run the course.  But running another tactical course downrange may not seat well with the Conservation Dept and other shooters.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Bummer....oh well...
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm getting ready.  Picked up a MAK-90 at the gun show.  I have a pick-up, a small one, if we need to haul anything out to the range.  Just let me know.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Bummer, I was planning on attending but it turns out I am oncall that weekend.

I will have to wait till Dec :( to meet you guys in person.

HoG
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#11]
!PWI!!!
Yo Metal man, bring the plates on. I will bring some .308 AP ammo and we can see what it will do if ya want.
BTW, the highpower match I was shooting in last weekend got called due to rain. I am pissed!
Oh well, next time I will make it.
Hell, tell me what you shoot in .308 caliber, I will put together something in it if I can, everyone can test their rifles against steel plate!
BTW, I can load AP for the following.
.308 Win
7.62x51
7.5 french (Should that be "freedom")
7.5 Swiss
7.7 Arisaka
7.62x54 Russian
Anything 165 grain .308 caliber as long as I can get hold of the dies, I gots me some surplus US M2 AP bullets and plenty of powders/brass.
Tracers too but I think think the Mo Dept of Con forbids them.. damn....
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Metalman -
Bring the plates...

We did some competitions at the Hun farm in Texas using steel plates and bowling pins...
It was fun...
(4) plates on the left, (4) on the right, with a bowling pin in the middle...

Maybe we can do it as an intermission event or something...

Good excuse to shoot our handguns...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top