Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2003 10:29:54 PM EDT
Author of Unintended Consequences, John Ross is offering to teach the new CCW class to you MO folk. Here's the link...

www.john-ross.net/missouri_ccw.htm
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:31:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool, I might have to sign up for a class with Mr. Ross.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Unless I missed it, the web site doesn't say where in MO the courses will be offered. Anyone know?

TIA
Eric
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the class-room portion of the class will be in the St. Louis metro area and his private shooting range is 1 1/2 hour from there.  If the Greene county sheriff doesn't find anyone in the next 3-4 weeks to do the classes here, I would definately road trip to take a class under Mr. Ross!
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#4]
The phone number was a 314, so I assumed it was around the STL area.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Ilanero,  Wyanndotte, Ok is closer than St. Louis.

Green Co. giving ya the run-around already? I was afraid of that, they have been anti-gun up there for a while...
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ilanero,  Wyanndotte, Ok is closer than St. Louis.

Green Co. giving ya the run-around already? I was afraid of that, they have been anti-gun up there for a while...

I don't know exactly what's going on with the sherrif--it seems like they don't know themselves what's going on.  I was told that they were scrambling for instructors and that they didn't even know what the course should consist of.  Enough of Greene county--what's in Wyanndotte?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think the class-room portion of the class will be in the St. Louis metro area and his private shooting range is 1 1/2 hour from there.  If the Greene county sheriff doesn't find anyone in the next 3-4 weeks to do the classes here, I would definately road trip to take a class under Mr. Ross!

Unless I find anything around here, I too will be making the road trip to Mr. Ross' course.

(Here being about halfway between StL and Springfield.)

-FOTBR
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]
warning, PWI!!
Wolfie dude, may I call you wolfie?
Thanks for the heads up, Kudra18 and I are now signed up for the tuesday class. Not only are we getting our CCW license but we are getting trained by the John Ross, ultra kewl!
editted to add;
I think that is his cell number (for those cyber sleuths using www.anywho.com reverse lookup)
I had at one time a cell that had the same 308 prefix. Cells do not show up on number searches.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#9]
If your local LE staff is having a hard time figuring the requirements for the new CCW laws, they need to read the bill and get clarification from the State Attorney General on their questions.  The summary version is extremely easy to understand and the full version of the bill is clearly written and easy to understand; everyone needs to read the full version of the bill for important info that is not included in the summary.

Now if your town has a marshall that can't read, like we had in Mtn. Grove where I grew up, the local prosecutor can tell him what the new law says.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top