Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 4:12:32 PM EDT
courtesy of your favorite post whore, me!

Just got back from the gunshow, (Yes, I am going again tomorrow) This is what I have learned about the CCW.
From the NRA booth, two NRA classes will qualify for the 8 hour handgun safety requirement.
The Personal safety class and the Handgun safety class, various LEO type classes also qualify. Unknown if military pistol training will work but seriously doubt it (Now I have to dig up my old training records)
From the GCLU booth, they concur with the NRA guy but also mentioned that they are setting up classes themselves as soon as they get the class requirements from whomever will have them.
It was also mentioned that Bullseye in St. Louis will have classes and the Arnold gun club.
It was also mentioned that ST. Louis CAN NOT screw with this law the way that have with the statewide open carry (ST. Louis forbids open carry ya know).
Some potential obstacles mentioned were ignorant police chiefs/sheriffs that want to be pricks and screw folk around in the process of approving permits but the GCLU are ready to go after them first time they try it.
I picked up a few B27 targets, I will bring them to the next shoot so everyone can see how a blind man could pass the shooting test (15 out of 20 shots in a target measuring 21" by 40" from 7 yds, thats 21 feet, away).
Ok, I think thats got it, any questions?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Gee, replying to my own posts... and this is my 999th post, one more and I break the 1K barrier.
Anyway, more info on you-know-what including an interesting interpretation that says CCW is in effect AS OF YESTERDAY.
But be careful....
www.gclastl.org/
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#2]
GaryM,
What's the story on Car Carry ?

Is that for sure that someone can leave a
pistol in the glove box even if they
don't have the LTC endorsement ?

Jim
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Legal without a CCW permit it you are 21 and can legally possess a handgun. Takes effect 11Oct.
But remember, I am not a lawyer so check up on this info with your local law enforcement.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info!

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool thanks again.

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#6]
BTW that was a good show over at Bridgeton.

Do they still do the gun shows at the mall in Wentzville anymore ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
BTW that was a good show over at Bridgeton.

It was pretty good, I was looking for an AR varmit type upper but couldn't find one though.

Do they still do the gun shows at the mall in Wentzville anymore ?

For Wentzville, click on appropriate link.
www.rkshows.com/midwest/midwest.htm
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:46:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks GaryM....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top