Link Posted: 9/10/2003 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]
BEST NEWS I HEARD ALL DAY! Thanks for the update. Ronald
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
This is googd news indeed! Lets hope it passes the Senate.[:\]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#3]
It's going to be this close: ><.  It may hang by one vote, and one of our Senators is a reservist down at Gitmo on TDY, and may not be able to be back in time for the vote if his leave isn't approved.  Let's hope his CO is pro-gun.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:02:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Anheuser Busch had Dolan (R) on a private jet from Cuba and got him to the capitol last night.

Senator Gibbons (R) who originally voted against the CCW bill said yesterday that he will vote for the override if his is the critical vote.

Senator Mathewson (D) originally voted for the CCW bill but has been very secretive about how he will vote in this special override session.

Very many republicans have already declared victory; and even a few democrats have already admitted defeat. Things sound very positive.

Hopefully today's anniversary lies heavily on their minds, reinforcing the need for a publicly armed citizenry.

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:55:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anheuser Busch had Dolan (R) on a private jet from Cuba and got him to the capitol last night.

Senator Gibbons (R) who originally voted against the CCW bill said yesterday that he will vote for the override if his is the critical vote.

Senator Mathewson (D) originally voted for the CCW bill but has been very secretive about how he will vote in this special override session.

Very many republicans have already declared victory; and even a few democrats have already admitted defeat. Things sound very positive.

Hopefully today's anniversary lies heavily on their minds, reinforcing the need for a publicly armed citizenry.

Link to article confirming.
www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascitystar/6746326.htm
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]
No whammies baby!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#7]

That next beer is gonna taste so much better
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Maybe I should approach A/B to see if they would like to become a sponsor???

That way after the shoot, we can have a kegger over at Shamus's place...

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'll second that!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#10]
CONGRATS FROM TEXAS!!!!!!!!!

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Cutter,
I don't think any of us could wait till the next shoot.  We need a kegger TONIGHT

WOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats

Just heard you all passed a CHL law.

Its been a long time coming.

I grew up in STL, (but now live in Texas and have had a CHL for years now) and come home to visit acouple times a year.

It is amazing how vunerable you feel when you are stripped of your right to carry when you come to visit your parents.

I always think to myself.

(sh*t, I leave the safe confines of Austin where I carry all the time, for the ever "cosmopolitan" streets of Downtown STL and I don't have a gun with me now. I must be nuts!)

Anyway it is great to know that according to the new bill my Texas permit will be honored in MO.

Good job

James
Austin, Texas
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#13]
It was sweet listening to the sadness in the local NPR news announcer's voice today!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Holden sucks big, floppy donkey dicks!

We beat that slime-ball! Thanks to everyone who contacted thier Reps! Our voices were heard!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#16]
This BUDS for you If you all enjoy a cold breskie now and again let's not forget our St. Louis brand of beers. I think I'll go buy a 6 pack now. Cheers

Rick
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:31:45 PM EDT
[#17]
THANK YOU ANHEUSER-BUSCH!!!

Seriously, let us all write the A-B corporate offices and THANK THEM.  Plus, thank all the pro-gun reps and Senators, with special attention to Sen. Gibbons and Sen. Dolan.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Congrats guys.

You may invade and liberate us at such time it is convenient.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#19]

woot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top