Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2003 7:00:07 PM EDT
Ok guys, can I get a map to the shoot from St. Louis?  What's the name of the conservation range?  When does it start, when did the last one end (I plan to stay and help clean up).  Oh yeah guys, I plan to bring a cooler full of gatorade and bottled water,  sorry I can't contribute much, just another teenager on a tight budget.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, the webpage is down for some reason.  I'll email you a map, but here are the directions:

From St. Louis
Travel west on I-70 to Exit 128A/U.S. Hwy. 63 North. Take U.S. Hwy. 63 north for 10 miles, then turn right onto East Peabody Road. Finger Lakes state park is right next to Rocky Forks Conservation Area.  When you get to the big sign that tells you to turn left for the state park, keep going straight. The pavement turns to gravel here. The range is about a quarter mile down the first road on the right.

We plan to start at around 10:00AM give or take a bit to set up.

I will try to get there around 9:30 to start setup.

As far as how long, that just depends on how many people show up and how things go.  Anything you can bring or do to help is greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
BTW, the shoot is at the Rocky Forks Conservation Area, in case I didn't make that clear.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Take Exit 128 off I-70 to get to I-63.  On 63 North, there is a sign for the Rocky Fork / Finger Lake state park as you approach Peabody rd.  Follow HKocher direction from Peabody rd.  The State Park (to the left of Peabody rd.) is off limit for firearms.  Once the paved road ends, you will see a lake on your left.  The road going to the range is just across the lake.  You will see the sign for the range there.  If lost, just stop, step out of the vehicle and follow the sound of distant gunshots.  Make sure you dont come up from behind the berm ... I did once ....

Link Posted: 9/3/2003 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Or us St. Louis area types can caravan out there. anyone?
BTW, 82_Airborne, your IM is full again. And yes, I will be bringing plenty of the wolf .223 and you are welcome to use some.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
damn that im box  Thanks Gary, I am excited to meet everyone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top