Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 6:07:52 AM EDT
Ok, I'm Scott and I want to go on the 6th.  I don't know anybody but I live in Ballwin if that helps for car-pooling purposes.  Are the shoots all competition or can we just have fun and let some lead fly too?  I feel inferior only having one black rifle to bring
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#1]
i will be there this time, dont worry for all the guys i have meet there no better people you will have fun, this will be my first shoot, for the carbine club. the other ar shoots have been very fun. rember you can only shoot one weapon at a time. i have more than one ar but im porbably only going bring 2. and maybe the m44 or m38 Duke and i have been thinking on running the course with a m44, since he ran the course last time with a garand. just have fun. bring lost of water. thats a reminder to my self. Ronald
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]
My name is Scott as well, and I'll be there with my wife. We have a looooong drive up to partake in the lead-slingin'!

BTW, I only have one AR...
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, this is a bit spooky. My middle name is Scott and I went by it until my late teens. But I digress.
I am going to be at the coming shoot. If anyone needs a ride I will see what I can do to make room. Let me know by friday evening though.
BTW, I have only one (thats right, count it, one) AR15. I do have a few other guns however and those can be fun too.
Scott, (either one or both) Whenever I bring extra guns I make sure they are available for anyone who wishes to shoot them. So if you want to try some other neat toys you are welcome to try anything I have.
As for being a competitive shoot they are not. This is a fun get together with an emphasis on enjoying the day with a bunch of like minded gun lovin folk. We have a few guys who are very good (As in actual competition type shooters) but most are there for the fun of it. Do not be intimidated, bring what ya got and expect to have fun.
BTW, If you are interested in trying some other kewl toys out I will try to bring along the below listed guns. I will even bring ammo for them.
M1 Carbine
M1 Garand
SAR-2
Pistol grip converted Saiga (in .223)
and of course a few more depending on which one call out to me from their cases as I am loading them in the truck (Yes, they do talk to me, heh heh heh...)
Hope to see you on the 6th!
GaryM (Gary Scott M) to be honest)
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there!

I have NO AR15s right now, I sold one to Nyghtfall and sold the other to Rmdye because my sorry ass is unemployed!  Therefore, I will be shooting a SAR-1 with iron sights, like broke muther@#%ers all over the world do.  I guess I'll be "Opfor" this time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there.  May bring 2-3 other guys with me.  

Not sure what I will bring to the shoot.  AR is my trusted rifle for accuracy, but ...  it is too common in this shoot.  I like rmdye's idea of running the course using an old C&R bolt action rifle (esp. with the bayonet affixed) ... but, which C&R?  

The shoot is mostly for fun.  You are competing against yourself.  If you are overweight and out-of-shape (like me), the running around poses enough challenge by itself.  Drink a lot of water starting 3 days prior to the shoot.  If your urine is anything but clear, that means you are not drinking enough water yet.  Just saturate your cells with water and you will last longer under the hot sun.  If you have a shade / tent, bring it along .... it will help you and others to stay in the shoot longer.  We had to cut the first shoot to 2 courses out of the 4 courses initially planned due to heat.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#6]
SO we have a bunch of Scott's men...
I've got some Scottish blood in me from my Mom's side of the family...
Does that count??? -he, he

I might have a co-worker join me for the shoot, and I'll be bringing my 20" AR, and my new 14.5"w/AR brake M4 to the shoot...

82_Airborne
Some of use move over to the other range to let lead fly while we wait our turn...
And you can always get there early like I do to spend some quality time alone with your rifle...
Mine likes to be fondled before a shoot, and performs before for me if I do...

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Unless something unexpected comes up, I should be there.  I probably have to go to a work-related dinner Friday night, but I should be good for Saturday.

I'm in Wildwood - so I could certainly share a ride with someone from Ballwin.  If anyone's interested, send me an email or something, and we'll get in touch.  ([email protected])

I'll bring 2 ARs and an M17S.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]
You know, one of Scott's HAS to be the best-looking...

Hmmm... Not me. Damn!
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#9]
82_Airborne, your IM mailbox is full.  Let's definitely share a ride.  I'll IM my phone number to you.

Did someone already post the directions to the place somewhere on the board?

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#10]
emptied out im box, sorry bout that
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#11]
well if i say we are coming, jake will probly freak and say he has to work
if i say we arent coming, jake will probly freak and ask if im crazy
so ask him when you see him--yes we are back online today
i will be BEYOND excited if anyone else's wife comes--i love my boys, but sometimes OD on the testosterone

Link Posted: 8/28/2003 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll have you call Zeny and influence her to come.  It's her birthday, so if it's not her idea, it would not be healthy for me to appear.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:51:50 AM EDT
[#13]
My name is not Scott, but i am stationed at Scott AFB, and i'd be interested. Time/Date/Location? I'd be coming from the far side of the river
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#14]
There.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Won't know till Friday at 5pm
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#16]
If I don't get my car problems worked out this week I might need to car pool from STL.  

I got a bunch of crap needed for the shoot, but I'll just bring my M4 to save space...
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I will not be there.  I tried to switch days with the guy I worked for this Saturday, but he doesn't want to do it.  Now Zeny is POed at me  Please, no sharp objects nearby.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 8:35:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If I don't get my car problems worked out this week I might need to car pool from STL.  

I got a bunch of crap needed for the shoot, but I'll just bring my M4 to save space...

82_Airborne and I are planning to ride together, so if it becomes necessary, you could certainly join us - but you'd have to ride in the back seat.  

Right now our plan is to leave a little before 8:00 AM, so that we'll be there around 9:30 and we can help to set up (if help is needed).

Even with three people, we should have PLENTY off room in the station wagon.  Just email me or IM if you want to figure something out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#19]
How far is Missouri?

Maybe we can make it up there sometime.

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
How far is Missouri?

Maybe we can make it up there sometime.

Dirk

Directions to Missouri from Florida;
Take intercoastal waterway towards New Orleans.
Turn north up the big muddy river.
Continue northward till you see a big stainless steel arch shaped thing on the left.
Park boat at base of arch thing.
Walk east about 500yds the take highway 70 west for about 100 miles, turn north at.. umm... some highway I can't remember the number of, then turn back east on some other road which will lead you to the range.
oh, you will need a boat for these directions and be sure to allow plenty of time because this trip will take at least a few days.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be there Saturday
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:53:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#23]
So Jeff, old buddy, hey I have a deal for ya, if you let me take home the Krink and the SAW with me to Holden I'll give them a good cleaning for you and return them next week.  Sound good? Ok, see you Saturday!

(/me calls Orbitz and charters a plane to leave for South America on Sunday morning)
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Dirk
Directions to Missouri from Florida;
Take intercoastal waterway towards New Orleans.
Turn north up the big muddy river.
Continue northward till you see a big stainless steel arch shaped thing on the left.
Park boat at base of arch thing.
Walk east about 500yds the take highway 70 west for about 100 miles, turn north at highway 63 then turn back east on some other road which will lead you to the range.
oh, you will need a boat for these directions and be sure to allow plenty of time because this trip will take at least a few days.Oh to be back home again. I'm actually from colubmia and used to go to that range quite often.  Maybe someday I'll be able to make it back there for a shoot and a football game.  GO TIGERS!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Well boys and girls, I gotta work tomorrow from 7-noon.  Which sucks.  Big time.

Excuse me while I go cry like a big baby[>(]

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn!!!

I wanted to see what you have bought to put on that Ergo grip you won at the last shoot...

CMMG is bringing some goodies, thought maybe you could build a rifle from the raffled parts... -ha,ha

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Believe me, Jake, when I tell you I know exactly how you feel.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#30]
yeah guys, miss ya already
and WOMEN are coming this time
dammit
think october........
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Believe me, Jake, when I tell you I know exactly how you feel.

Hey, no fair feeling fellow ARFCOM'rs.  

It's a midwest thang g [insert gangsta smiley here]It's how we do it up in herrrr.

I hope you can make it up in October Mike.  I've yet to shake hands with da Bee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top