Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2003 3:00:48 PM EDT
Ok, here is the situation. My GF wants to get a CCW license if it passes here in Mo. I would like to get her a CCW type gun for her own. But she wants to try a few out before she picks the one she gets.
Now the question is where in Mo. are there ranges where guns can be rented so she can "test drive" them? I have heard Bass Pro in Springfield but that is on the other side of the state. (We are from St. Charles) I just found out Catfish guns in Arnold is no more and the only other lead I have is Bullseye in St. Louis.
Anyone know of other places? Especially if they have a decent rental selection of the smaller types.
Ideally we would like to try out a small Glock, one of the small 1911 type Springfield armorys and XD9. Maybe a small S&W, Beretta and a Makarov.
Anyone know of anywhere?
Thanks for the help guys. :)
GaryM
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Bullseye rents out MP5s and M16s, so I'm sure they have some handguns to rent out.  I think I've seen Glocks and Beretta behind the counter, can't remember what they have for sure though.  Give them a call, I've been there a couple times and the guys that work there seem nice enough.

Bulls Eye Indoor Pistol Range    
5100 Manchester Ave
Saint Louis MO 63110-2014
314-781-4867  
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Target Masters in Columbia rents handguns for thier indoor range.  Last time I was there they had a Charles Daley 45 gov't., glock 21,a mid size glock 9mm (#19?), a ported taurus 44 mag., and others.  That was a few years ago, they may have some of what you are looking for.  Back then $8.00 was for the lane per hour, another $20.00 to shoot which ever ones you want (just have to pay the $20 once), and of course buy your ammo. The guns they have for sale are normally overpriced.  

Dogma
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I second the TargetMasters in Columbia vote. I go there on occasion and they have a good selection of rentals available.

They are over-priced, but if you haggle with them a bit, they will at least go down to their "members" price on about anything.

I picked up a nice Armalite there with accessories out the door for $800
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Belleville Shooting Range over on the east side is where I go when I have free time. They're $10 per hour if you're a non-member and I *think* rentals are $5 a gun. Mike, who runs the place, is an awesome guy, and he knows his "toys".

Last time I was there, they had a slew of revovlers, a few Glocks, a Sig Pro, a P220 Sig, a few Tauruses or Berettas (M92s). I didn't see a 1911 or Makarov though. They have a full-auto MP5 to rent, along with an AR-15 (non-full auto).

Belleville Shooting Range  
209 N Illinois St, Belleville, IL 62220
Phone: (618) 234-9690
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone for the help. It looks like Bullseye is first (and the closest) on the list then Belleville. If we can make it to the 31May Columbia shoot then we will see about target masters, if not then next trip to Sedalia (Sierra factory! Yeah!)we will drop in.
Thanks again all.
GaryM
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
if not then next trip to Sedalia (Sierra factory! Yeah!)
GaryM

GaryM,
What are you looking for at Sierra?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The Bullet Hole up in Shawnee Mission used to rent guns.  Not sure if they still do.  They're right off Shawnee Mission Parkway.  It's been a few years since I was up that way, '97 I think.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
if not then next trip to Sedalia (Sierra factory! Yeah!)
GaryM

GaryM,
What are you looking for at Sierra?

I like to buy factory seconds there. Usually matchkings as follows;
.308 150grn
.308 165grn (or was it 168??)
.223 blitz 50grn
and whatever else strikes my fancy. Next time will include many pounds of .308 110 FMJ RN types, I am experimenting with really high velocity Win .308 and much slower 7.62x25 loads
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I ask because I thought that somehow you have gained the use of thier underground range. Its supposedly the worlds longest (underground).  However, talking to the the owner's son and other employees, I get the impression its always busy with company business. StarLine brass is next door if you want bulk quantity brass for handguns; they carry a few rifle cartridge cases as well (stuff like 45/70 gov.)
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ok, here is the situation. My GF wants to get a CCW license if it passes here in Mo. I would like to get her a CCW type gun for her own. But she wants to try a few out before she picks the one she gets.
Now the question is where in Mo. are there ranges where guns can be rented so she can "test drive" them? I have heard Bass Pro in Springfield but that is on the other side of the state. (We are from St. Charles) I just found out Catfish guns in Arnold is no more and the only other lead I have is Bullseye in St. Louis.
Anyone know of other places? Especially if they have a decent rental selection of the smaller types.
Ideally we would like to try out a small Glock, one of the small 1911 type Springfield armorys and XD9. Maybe a small S&W, Beretta and a Makarov.
Anyone know of anywhere?
Thanks for the help guys. :)
GaryM

Bullseye is the best. They have a few Berettas, large and small, along with big and small Kimbers, three Glocks, and some wheelguns. You might wanna check it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top