We have about a month or so.

What do we need to know?

Thank you in advance...

Red
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 8:52:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on where in Birmingham.  I work in the hood area of Birmingham, off Richard Arrington, basically in the Kingston projects area.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#3]
One of my nephew works at Publix, has for years.  He pretty has made it his career.  He currently works at a Publix somewhere in Birmingham, but I don't which store.  He loves it.  It's a pretty good company to work for apparently.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#4]
The internet only shows 2 Publix's in the city limits of Birmingham, AL. One is in Midtown. It should be pretty safe as it's near UAB. The other shows it's on Montclair Rd. It's probably not as safe as the Downtown one but there are definitely more dangerous places in Birmingham.

The Birmingham Area is actually composed of multiple different cities with their own governments and economies. Some are better like Vestavia Hills, Hoover and Mountain Brook. Some are Democrat Heck Holes such as Birmingham, Bessemer, Brighton, Lipscomb and Bessemer. And most of the others are somewhere in the middle. Publix is an upper end store and usually located in the better places so it's really surprising to find any in the city limits of Birmingham but Birmingham has it's better parts and has fingers everywhere like a spider. You can thank Mayor Arrogant for that. Anyway, the Birmingham Metro area is the largest one in Alabama. More importantly than which Publix he works at is where he chooses to live. Downtown Birmingham, and Hoover will probably have some of the most expensive apartments. You don't want to live elsewhere in the City of Birmingham. Homewood has fairly expensive places but look like they are running down. Living further out leads to traffic problems at high traffic times but probably cheaper. Stay out of Lipscomb, Bessemer and Brighton at all costs. I don't even know if they have places to rent.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
He will be working out of the distribution center.

Red
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:15:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The son here chiming in.

My job will not be set in any one specific Publix. I will be an I.T. Technician responsible for break-fix and installation in Birmingham and surrounding areas.

I don't need to be very close to the warehouse.

I have been looking at living in the north of Shelby County. Apartments near the Greystone Golf Club. Is this a good area? It's a plus that there are two Publix stores in the main shopping center just down the road.

Thanks in advance,
The son
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been looking at living in the north of Shelby County. Apartments near the Greystone Golf Club. Is this a good area?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 7:53:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The son here chiming in.

My job will not be set in any one specific Publix. I will be an I.T. Technician responsible for break-fix and installation in Birmingham and surrounding areas.

I don't need to be very close to the warehouse.

I have been looking at living in the north of Shelby County. Apartments near the Greystone Golf Club. Is this a good area? It's a plus that there are two Publix stores in the main shopping center just down the road.

Thanks in advance,
The son
View Quote

@SpringConch2826

Glad to see that you made an account!

As you know this place is an awesome resource and base of knowledge!

Red
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I live in Hoover and do a lot of business around Birmingham.

When you are the the Publix on Lakeshore you are on the border of a nice area and one of the most dangerous areas in the country. Don’t go north or west of that Publix, only south or east.

It will be tempting to type KFC or McDonalds in Waze and go to the closest one but you’ll end up in an area where you get your food last because of the color of your skin or you get yelled at for taking to long because you bought 2 drinks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#13]
If you don't mind driving a bit, anywhere in Blount County is awesome. We moved outside Oneonta in September and love it. It's a 50 minute commute to downtown BHam, but it is worth it to me. Solid conservative county filled with great people. I have one neighbor a couple hundred yards away, and am surrounded by woods and hills. I hunt and shoot in my backyard, and the only thing that breaks the solitude is a guy down the mountain who blasts tannerite a couple times a week (I seriously need to figure out who it is so I can become friends with him). Also, real estate prices have remained fairly reasonable up here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top