Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2022 9:41:02 AM EDT
So I saw this article this morning, which lays out how Republicans are losing seats in the redistricting war due their typical incompetence/thinly veiled treachery. This includes a seat here in AL.

https://republicbrief.com/3417-2/

Which led me to do some research and find this:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/redistricting-2022-maps/alabama/

Notice that two of the federal judges that sided with the democrats are Trump appointees (both of whom were recommended by Shelby:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/mo-brooks-keep-skin-pigmentation-out-of-congressional-redistricting/ar-AATw5tQ).

So we could potentially go from 6-1 republican in the house of reps (which we've had for 10 years) to 5-2 thanks to republican judicial appointees.......Just another day of the gop doing everything they can to help democrats stay in power.

Note: edited to include who recommended the appointees to Trump.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#1]
150+ years later,

Reconstruction 2.0

The hypocrisy is staggering. Blue states have far more gerrymandered districts, to get desired results by the Democommunists in office, to eventually achieve a one-party political system.

JMHO, YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Heard on the local news this evening that SCOTUS has sided with the state's redrawn map, so the panel has been overturned.

Let the race card games begin (lawsuits, etc.)

JMHO, YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Heard on the local news this evening that SCOTUS has sided with the state's redrawn map, so the panel has been overturned.

Let the race card games begin (lawsuits, etc.)

JMHO, YMMV.
View Quote

I saw that too. Great news for once.

I agree about the hypocrisy of it all. CA and NY have practically gerrymandered republican reps out of existence.  And that's also what aggravates me. The RNC knew the DNC was going to try that, and did nothing to counter it, just like the 2020 election fraud.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome fellow firearm enthusiast. How do you feel about the NFA act?

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Edgy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I, as well as some others here, can vouch for @RickSMAUGH - he's a patriots patriot.

Of course, I've been accused of glowing myself, so I dont know if thats a resounding endorsement...
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I, as well as some others here, can vouch for @RickSMAUGH - he's a patriots patriot.

Of course, I've been accused of glowing myself, so I dont know if thats a resounding endorsement...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll vouch for both of you.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks @axl! Thanks @reddog_3d!
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top