Link Posted: 2/7/2022 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely not Ivey.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#4]
So who is the choice ?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I've just started researching the candidates and don't know any of them other than Ivey.

For those who say they don't like Odle, why not?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've just started researching the candidates and don't know any of them other than Ivey.

For those who say they don't like Odle, why not?
View Quote

He is a flat earther.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 8:50:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no idea who I'll vote for in the next election. If someone stronger comes along, I'll go with them.

But I must say, this new ad from Governor Ivey is quite funny.

https://twitter.com/kayiveyforgov/status/1491075096706170880?s=20&t=rO-msJr-PJk73LGfEN8eNw
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He is a flat earther.
View Quote

I’m conflicted by this as well.  But Ivey needs to go.  Other than the weird flat earther stuff I may give my vote to Odle.  Is there a better candidate?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I’m conflicted by this as well.  But Ivey needs to go.  Other than the weird flat earther stuff I may give my vote to Odle.  Is there a better candidate?
View Quote

Lynda Blanchard and Lew Burdette are two I am keeping my eye on.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lynda Blanchard and Lew Burdette are two I am keeping my eye on.
View Quote

Thanks for posting!  I looked them up.  Couple of questions.  What are their views on firearms?  What are their views on the cv shots and masks?  

Really looking for candidates that are for smaller gov and for more freedom.

I believe Lindy is against Masks and Vaccine Mandate.  Which Is good in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting!  I looked them up.  Couple of questions.  What are their views on firearms?  What are their views on the cv shots and masks?  

Really looking for candidates that are for smaller gov and for more freedom.

I believe Lindy is against Masks and Vaccine Mandate.  Which Is good in my opinion.
View Quote
I have a problem with Lindy.  She is trying to run on her Trump appointment to the ambassador of Slovenia?  Who GAF?  What will she do for constitutional carry?

I will say that Me Maws last Biden hit piece commercial was pretty funny.    Bless his heart.

Edit** Everyone running for any office in AL is anti-mask.  If they aren't, then they have no chance.  That is nor a decision point.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a problem with Lindy.  She is trying to run on her Trump appointment to the ambassador of Slovenia?  Who GAF?  What will she do for constitutional carry?

I will say that Me Maws last Biden hit piece commercial was pretty funny.    Bless his heart.

Edit** Everyone running for any office in AL is anti-mask.  If they aren't, then they have no chance.  That is nor a decision point.
View Quote

Which candidates are for constitutional carry?  
Pretty sure Dean Odle is.  I doubt Meemaw is.  Anyone know the other candidates stance?
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He is a flat earther.
View Quote

Is this is serious comment?  That cat actually believes that mess?
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep... I was listening to Dale Jackson last year and he had Dean odle on his show. That is just on of the things that told me no way on him. I am not a fan of Dale Jackson but his show was on the radio when i was listening.

https://yellowhammernews.com/alabama-gubernatorial-candidate-dean-odle-believes-the-earth-is-flat/

And from Dean Odle himself on his campaign website:
https://www.deanodleforgovernor.com/post/the-unamerican-attack-on-my-religious-beliefs?utm_campaign=08d1b2a7-3f61-4588-a010-467093903283&utm_source=so&utm_medium=mail&cid=d243b2bd-6d7a-4017-9124-e47dbbed76ad
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also direct from his youtube!

Government Documents Admit Flat Earth (Dean Odle) Mirror
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR3Fsj3-uYU
View Quote

That's fantastic.  Wow...
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Tim James is getting my vote.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#18]
A flat earther. Okay.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A flat earther. Okay.
View Quote
Agreed, we're screwed....
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Flat earther at work has a huge Dean Odle sticked on his tailgate.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Flat earther at work has a huge Dean Odle sticked on his tailgate.
View Quote

oh hell

we get roy moore nationally with his, "datin' a 17yo was ok then!" and now, nationally, we're gonna get, "earth is flat with a dome over it."

SMH
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was so much WTF in there...I have no words.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Electing a flat earther might keep liberals out
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#24]
James spoke to BamaCarry in March. Got my vote now. MeMaw only got hot on gun rights lately. BamaCarry said nra was going to let us get screwed on the CC bill loaded with junk out of Senate before house took a lot of it out and passed it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#25]
I haven't seen anything that persuades me to switch from Ivey yet.  I need more than walking around saying "Trump Trump Trump".
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Gov. Kay Ivey received the endorsement of the National Rifle Association today in her bid for reelection.

Ivey joined NRA lobbyist Art Thomm at a news conference at the Lower Wetumpka Shotgun Sports Club, a sporting clays complex in Montgomery.

The endorsement comes a month after Ivey signed into law a bill to repeal Alabama's requirement for a permit to carry a concealed handgun. The NRA lobbied for the bill, which the Republican-led Legislature passed over opposition from the Alabama Sheriffs Association, some others in law enforcement, and most Democratic lawmakers.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/04/gov-kay-ivey-receives-nra-endorsement-after-signing-repeal-of-concealed-carry-permit-law.html
View Quote
I don't put any weight on the NRA endorsement (life member here).  I really wish Tommy Battle was in the race.  But, as it stands I'm stuck with MeeMaw.  She was nowhere Desantis level during Covid but she didn't totally F' it up, the economy in North AL is rolling.  

Lindy, uh, no.  Only claim to fame is some ambassador to some semi third world country due to $$ donations.  James, uh, no.  See above posts.  Although I do like his most recent commercial that airs during the 5am local news.  Once again it comes down to the least negative choice.....
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 3:10:48 AM EDT
[#28]
I’m voting for James, but the nursing home patient will likely win re-election.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd rather dump MeeMaw out but it's not looking good.  I'm afraid, once she gets four more years, that China Bay Bridge will come back and get passed.  It's obvious that she only put on her conservative hooded cloak just as the new year got here.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Who is Burdette aside from being a businessman?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Who is Burdette aside from being a businessman?
View Quote

He is with King's Ranch. He has some very questionable ethics.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#32]
According to the political ads this morning in the governor's race it appears that THE most important issue is transgenders in schools.  Why do R politics always boil down to nonsense fucking issues in the end.  Tim James attacks on Trans and Meemaw defends with her passed transgender restrictions.  Whatever you do don't address anything actually important PLEASE!
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
According to the political ads this morning in the governor's race it appears that THE most important issue is transgenders in schools.  Why do R politics always boil down to nonsense fucking issues in the end.  Tim James attacks on Trans and Meemaw defends with her passed transgender restrictions.  Whatever you do don't address anything actually important PLEASE!
View Quote
Don't forget the "I stand with Trump" line that all of them are using.  Ok, that's great, good for you.  I voted for him every time he was on the ballot.  Guess what, he isn't on the ballot this time.  Tell me what you are going to do to advance his ideas and policies, lower my taxes, reduce regulations, change politics, etc.  

You were an ambassador to some almost 3rd world world country under DJT, great.  That doesn't tell me anything about what you plan to do to help this state.  

Side note, checked the mail this afternoon.  I had three Britt campaign flyers.  Three in one day, all addressed to "The "my last name" Family".  All three went in the trash without reading them.

Every AL politico wannabe is trying to invoke Trump.  Mo, stood up for him.....
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#34]
I was going to just vote Memah again, but I got to meet Tim James this week and changed my mind.  He was traveling with Bill Armisted, who used to be my state senator.  

I have the deepest respect for Bill, more than any politician in AL.  His views on almost every single issue align with mine.  Few remember it but we had zero, none, no reciprocity for CCW with any state nor any provision for it until Russ Fine (former AM radio talk guy) and I talked Bill into introducing the first measure back in the late 90's and he got it through.  I am rarely swayed by somebody else endorsement, but the fact Bill believes in Tim strongly enough to step out of retirement and be his chief advisor and campaign manager did sway me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I am still deciding.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So the theory is to get behind Tim James and hopefully make it reach a run off between him and Ivey.

I'm going with James.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was going to just vote Memah again, but I got to meet Tim James this week and changed my mind.  He was traveling with Bill Armisted, who used to be my state senator.  

I have the deepest respect for Bill, more than any politician in AL.  His views on almost every single issue align with mine.  Few remember it but we had zero, none, no reciprocity for CCW with any state nor any provision for it until Russ Fine (former AM radio talk guy) and I talked Bill into introducing the first measure back in the late 90's and he got it through.  I am rarely swayed by somebody else endorsement, but the fact Bill believes in Tim strongly enough to step out of retirement and be his chief advisor and campaign manager did sway me.

So the theory is to get behind Tim James and hopefully make it reach a run off between him and Ivey.

I'm going with James.

I just want Memaw out so I'll vote James.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm voting James.

I went to a proclamation signing yesterday at the Capitol.  Ivey didn't say much to anyone.

After the signing was over, we stopped by to see Jim Ziegler, but he was not feeling well.  Talking outside his office, Ivey and her security detail walked by.  One of the guys in our group stopped her and talked to her.  She didnt' say much, just a smile and nod and thank you.  I watched her walk away to her office, and she was moving very slowly and stiffly, like it was difficult for her to walk.  She's 77 now, and I don't see how she's going to be well enough to finish out another term if she is reelected.  Unless she's just a puppet like Biden.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm voting James as well.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:42:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Every time I've heard Lindy Blanchard speak, it sounds like she just woke up from a nap. I was considering James. This morning on the radio he phoned in and the proceeded to make a fumbling plea for support which he closed with a scripture quote/paraphrase. I hate all that 'Vote for me, I'm a Christian' and 'Look at me hold a pistol' crap in these ads.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Derp

Please explain to the class why you want to allow the sexual indoctrination and grooming of children in the classroom.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 4:55:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Looking like I'll be writing in "None of the above" as my choice for Governor in November.

And before the "throwing away your vote" starts, I'm tired of voting for Republicans who only act like Republicans to get elected.  Ivey locked down the state, forced us to wear masks, complained it was anti-C-vaxx that were causing the problems, and then gave us a gas tax and vehicle registration increase that will automatically go up and there's not a darn thing you can do about it.  

She doesn't deserve my vote.  Let's Go Kay!
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Looking like I'll be writing in "None of the above" as my choice for Governor in November.

And before the "throwing away your vote" starts, I'm tired of voting for Republicans who only act like Republicans to get elected.  Ivey locked down the state, forced us to wear masks, complained it was anti-C-vaxx that were causing the problems, and then gave us a gas tax and vehicle registration increase that will automatically go up and there's not a darn thing you can do about it.  

She doesn't deserve my vote.  Let's Go Kay!
View Quote

You're not alone.  I'll write in Mickey Mouse or Ron Swanson before she'll get my vote.

My comment when I woke up Wednesday was that 350,000 Alabamians lost any right they had to bitch about Brandon  being old and unfit for office when they just gave someone just as old another shot to die in office.

What was it she said one of those shitty campaign ads . . . oh yeah, bless her heart.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Derp

Please explain to the class why you want to allow the sexual indoctrination and grooming of children in the classroom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp

I guess you can see from the results that this issue you seem to believe to be so important didn't result in us getting rid of meemaw, which was the real biggest issue of the election.  All challengers failed because instead of talking to us about things that are important they spend their campaign money on ads about a handful of crazy crossdressers.

Maybe in 4 years we will get someone to run that ACTUALLY understands the difference between DRAMATIC and IMPORTANT.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I guess you can see from the results that this issue you seem to believe to be so important didn't result in us getting rid of meemaw, which was the real biggest issue of the election.  All challengers failed because instead of talking to us about things that are important they spend their campaign money on ads about a handful of crazy crossdressers.

Maybe in 4 years we will get someone to run that ACTUALLY understands the difference between DRAMATIC and IMPORTANT.
View Quote

MeMaw ran on the issue as well and pushed ads touting her signing recent legislation to stave off attacks from James and Blanchard that she wasn’t conservative enough. Those two split the vote and had either dropped out would have resulted in a runoff.

So, the majority of the Republican voters here felt it was an important issue. Otherwise, Ivey wouldn’t have bothered spending money to defend her record. I shouldn’t have to explain why it was an important issue or have you actually taken the time to look at how that demographic tends to vote?

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Well I did vote for James and I will vote for Ivy during the election.  The last thing we need is what we got in Virginia after someone was not conservative enough.  12 years of democrats.  

At least they passed constitutional carry against the so called sheriffs using it as a revenue stream.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top