Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2022 2:05:27 PM EDT
Lived in this state for four decades, only a  hour and a half from Huntsville and got to thinking I've never really explored the place. Been through it, skirted it several times, but never have checked out the attractions. Spent way more time in Mobile and Montgomery than the closer Huntsville for some odd reason.

I know the Space Center is the big one (toured it with the kids years ago), but what else is up there?  Good gun shops/ranges? Resaurants? Historical sites/museums? I also like outdoor/nature stuff.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Larry’s
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Larry’s
View Quote

Depends on the day and time of day. I was there this morning and they didn’t have much of note. Lots of the same old stuff.
I’ve heard Bullet and Barrel is a nice place to shoot, plus they have MG rentals. I haven’t been personally though.
The veterans museum off Airport Rd is very good. Lots of vehicles parked indoors to look at.
The Cigar Lounge in Madison on 72 is a fantastic place to kill time and shoot the shit if you’re into pipes or cigars. The Humidor on the Parkway is good too.
Guns and cigars are the only reasons I really head to HSV lately, honestly.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Made a circle loop of north Alabama yesterday. Saw the Larry's billboard and also a billboard for a gun show at the Von Brawn center. Got to VB, but found out the show was shutting down in thirty minutes, so i skipped.

Cruised around the core of downtown. I was actually impressed. City core was clean, the Big Spring park, too. There was a Greek/Indian food joint I'd like to try next time up.

I was impressed. Will be back. Will most definitely check out Larry's.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There was a Greek/Indian food joint I'd like to try next time up. .
View Quote

Say what now? Greek/Indian? Where in the world in Huntsville did you see this? I have lived here my whole life and have Zero idea what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Say what now? Greek/Indian? Where in the world in Huntsville did you see this? I have lived here my whole life and have Zero idea what you are talking about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was a Greek/Indian food joint I'd like to try next time up. .

Vinny’s Greek & Indian Grill
110 Southside Sq

South side of the courthouse, it’s in between Cotton Row and Sam & Greg’s (same address as the Voodoo Lounge).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top