Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2022 7:05:15 PM EDT
Looking to do a $3500 firearm sale to some guy on the internet.  Obviously, he doesn’t want to use PP F&F or USPS MO for his own protection... which is understandable.

On the same token, I can’t afford to eat a $3500 loss if the payment doesn’t work out on my end.

Are there any FFL’s you guys can recommend around the Mobile area that will accept a firearm for transfer with a “hold for payment” request?  Basically I send the gun to an FFL, the buyer inspects it, and (if pleased) sends me the funds.  Once the funds irrevocably clear I call the FFL and give the go ahead for the transfer.  The only risk should be the lost shipping charges if payment goes sour and the FFL has to return to sender.

Are any of you an FFL willing to help an ARFcommer out (for a fee, of course)? Or can other guys recommend some good FFLs I could call in the area to talk to about this?

Or is there a better way to do this?
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 11:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a member here that does transfers, he’s done a few for me. Don’t know if he will do what you’re requesting or not, but you can check.
He goes by WWoodworth or WoodyWoodworth or something like that, I haven’t seen his screen name on here for awhile.
Look it up, he is in Mobile.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 12:22:46 AM EDT
[#2]
@WWoodworth ?
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 1:33:22 AM EDT
[#3]
IM sent
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:11:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I do a lot of transfers through Big Dog Firearms in Saraland, just north of Mobile. They are great people and would most likely work with you however you needed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top