Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2021 12:16:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone know a reputable firearm appraiser near Jefferson/Shelby counties?
View Quote

Just go to the gun show!

Either half of what they are asking or twice what they offer you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 1:47:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#3]
If it is just the information about current value that is needed, not documentation for insurance purposes, the most accurate appraisal is coming from Gunbroker and following auctions for similar items that actually sell, not the asking prices.

There are big league consignment dealers on Gunbroker like Locust Fork, Woodlawn Boys, Bryant Ridge, and others who are turning hundreds of things for people every week and that is the real definition of the market value, what somebody is actually willing to pay, not what some appraiser says you should ask.  The second good source for the data is Morphy Auctions and the other big national auction houses, again to see what people actually are willing to pay for similar items.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I work parts time for an 02/07 who does some larger estates in west Ga. Is it a lot of guns or a few ? If a few I can give you some quick solutions
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Im sent, thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I work parts time for an 02/07 who does some larger estates in west Ga. Is it a lot of guns or a few ? If a few I can give you some quick solutions

Im sent, thanks.

If he works for who I think he does, you'll be in good hands.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:13:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone know a reputable firearm appraiser near Jefferson/Shelby counties?
View Quote

If you still need some help with this my son and I have started doing this as part of our business.
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top