Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2021 8:50:36 PM EDT
Is this a nice area ?

Is it safe ?

Is there a better place to stay in that area?

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Oxford is good to go. Just don't waste your time with Anniston, Gadsden, Sylacauga and Talladega.

Just my 2¢

Are you visiting or moving in?
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Look around the Exchange for lodging.

You’ll have a lot of chain restaurants in the area, not many mom and pop restaurants. No good bbq in the area.

Mata’s Pizza is awesome just up the road in Anniston, call about half an hour before you want to eat and either pick it up or eat there. You also have Top o’ The River that is another good place to eat in Anniston.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oxford is good to go. Just don't waste your time with Anniston, Gadsden, Sylacauga and Talladega.

Just my 2¢

Are you visiting or moving in?
View Quote

Just going for a few days .
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
+100 on Matas Pizza.

Top 'o the River in Anniston is good as well but the one in Gadsden blows it out of the water.

Cafe Korea in Anniston was good as well but it's been a few years since I've been.

Struts / Jeffersons in Oxford & Jacksonville is good as well if you're looking for a good hot wings joint.

My personal favorite place for wings is Co-op DeVille in Jacksonville. It's carry out only though.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to the Berman Museum of World History.  You can ask for a basement tour if they are not crowded for a donation as well.  Great place.  Mr. Berman worked for the OSS and married a French Spy in WWII.  

https://alabama.travel/places-to-go/berman-museum-of-world-history-2
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ll be in Oxford tomorrow for a few days. I’ve never had any problems, but there are some concerns about parts of Anniston as others have noted. Things can really grind to a halt during the week leading up to the race at Talladega. I agree with the poster above about Mata’s, Top of the River, and Jefferson’s. There’s also the CMP store that you can visit.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Any good steak houses in the area.

Thanks for all your help guys .
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any good steak houses in the area.

Thanks for all your help guys .
View Quote

Not any that are a local joint to my knowledge.

There’s a Logan’s and a Longhorn. Western Sizzlin is an ok buffet, on level with a Ryan’s but nothing special.

You can get a good steak at Top o The River also, but it’s up in Anniston.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top