Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2021 10:09:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Good for him making a stand. I pray he gets an even better job or runs for something that will allow him to make change.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
He should run for sheriff of Mobile county...
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:08:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess it's ok to fire someone for their beliefs/views?  
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#6]
If it didn't make me sick, I would vote for anyone running on any ticket other than these holding office now, instead of being proud of AL, I feel like sick sick sick.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope he does.  Cochran seems like a jackass, plus he always ends up on the wrong side of gun control arguments.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Why does it seem like every sheriff in AL sucks so much cock?
Had one years ago refuse to sign off on a F4 because he didnt want those weapons on his streets
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I have to go into Mobile every Tuesday...freaking crap show. I get in early and try to get out before the rat race.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:30:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I guess it's ok to fire someone for their beliefs/views?  
View Quote

Well , I was thinking of the same thing - but this boiler plate of the statement that we've all read so many times, never mentions politics, I wonder if that's intentional?

“[Organization Name] does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The AL Sheriffs Assoc has them believing that if we get CC, then the permit money will just go away.

I was at a meeting a few years back where the NRA presented the Chairman and Co-chair of the house public safety committee with a study that showed permit sales stayed the same and in some cases increased after CC is made into law.

Now we know Treadway was in the pocket of the Bham police chief in not passing it. Bottom line is the sheriffs love the money with no strings and the big city police chiefs like the ability to arrest bangers for carrying without a permit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why does it seem like every sheriff in AL sucks so much cock?
Had one years ago refuse to sign off on a F4 because he didnt want those weapons on his streets

The AL Sheriffs Assoc has them believing that if we get CC, then the permit money will just go away.

I was at a meeting a few years back where the NRA presented the Chairman and Co-chair of the house public safety committee with a study that showed permit sales stayed the same and in some cases increased after CC is made into law.

Now we know Treadway was in the pocket of the Bham police chief in not passing it. Bottom line is the sheriffs love the money with no strings and the big city police chiefs like the ability to arrest bangers for carrying without a permit.

Study after study has proven that Gun Control is all about Controlling Black People.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:54:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 3:54:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think it would be interesting to attack the "money with no strings" aspect completely separate from Constitutional Carry or any other change from the status quo.  They can complain all they want that their budget will get crunched.  Fine, let's make correct appropriations that adquately fund law enforcement without slush funds.  Once that is accomplished, the perverse incentive to license liberty would be removed.

Of course, the real problem is the networks of people who will collude to ensure change doesn't occur.  

I'm afraid without a legit political action commity for gun rights that holds elected officials accountable and puts resources against "maybe next year" legislators, nothing will continue to happen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#18]
That sheriff needs his ass handed to him on a silver platter this next election.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Democrat is as democrat does.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 12:46:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Says a hell of a lot about a boss when all he wants is to be surrounded by "yes men".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top