Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2021 6:57:21 PM EDT
Where does the Montgomery area get their gas?

Are we gonna be affected by this pipeline mess?

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question.
In Anniston, the first 3 gas stations I stopped at after work had bags on the pump handles.

It looks like now's a good time to drive a diesel.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
People are going stupid for gas now like ammo, hold on you Big truck commuters shits about to get stupid again.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:28:04 AM EDT
[#3]
No issues around here, yet (central AL). But I topped off yesterday, just in case. I also keep some extras 5-gallon cans full at all times.....just in case.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Son of a friend in Heavy Equipment Sales & Service says we get our gas / diesel from the Pascagoula MS area. Saw someone else say the same on fecalbook.

Anyway, a few stations in Millbrook have either gone over $3 per gallon and / or limiting sales to 10 gallons. Ironically, a station in Montgomery that I pass every day, while usually $0.20 higher per gallon, is now $0.30 lower per gallon, and appears to not have any restrictions.

Another incident of paranoia / fear, all part of the plan.

JMHO, YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#5]
How’s the availability between Montgomery and Gulf Shores? I had planned to vacation in Gulf Shores this week but want to be sure I can fill up to get back to SC.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How’s the availability between Montgomery and Gulf Shores? I had planned to vacation in Gulf Shores this week but want to be sure I can fill up to get back to SC.
View Quote

Regular is running out.

10 gallon limit at some stations around Montgomery.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I've seen some stations in the Montgomadishu area out of gas, while others have shut some pumps down, and others are normal.  However, they've all gone up 20+ cents a gallon.

It was $1.92 on election day.  I paid $2.79 a couple of hours ago.

Anyone remember Welcome Back Kotter?  I've been singing the theme a lot lately, because I feel like we're back in the 1970s.......
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 12:30:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know but the Colonial Pipeline runs thru Tuscaloosa and just south of Birmingham.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 12:34:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good question.
In Anniston, the first 3 gas stations I stopped at after work had bags on the pump handles.

It looks like now's a good time to drive a diesel.
View Quote

The pipeline runs thru Oxford so I assume that they get their gas from there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top