Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2021 9:24:21 PM EDT
So I have this Isuzu Vehicross and I badly want to see what she's capable of. Not looking just to go mudding, I'd actually like some legitimate trails that I can go to and not get arrested for trespassing. The VX is small, not much bigger footprint that a bigger side by side. I am in Madison county but don't mind driving to a neighboring county.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The Talladega national Forrest has a challenging road, 600-2. I once saw a Silverado make it 25 yards before getting stuck. Many parts of the road put my Jeep on 2 wheels.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Little River is open back up to motorized vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Talladega national Forrest has a challenging road, 600-2.
View Quote

The section of 600-2 from Horns Valley Rd. to Guntertown road is very washed out and challenging at the moment. The section of 600-1 from 148 up to the powerlines is also in bad shape, very challenging in places, and would be a good test.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
600-1/2 is an excellent beginner road, but not close to you. Some places are washed out pretty bad now. Most of it just rattles your teeth.

Do you have self recovery gear, recovery points and/or a friend/another rig? Some of the ruts can be gnarly. IM me if you need a riding partner.

Skyline WMA also has some trails. I’ve never been so I can’t comment. I’ve always heard there is good riding there.

If you have Facebook, hit up Rocket City Wranglers for local info. They might let a none Jeep in.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#5]
600-1 and 600-2 is doable in stock vehicles.  I'm part of a Toyota group and we get together and go ride TNF, Stony Lonesome, Choccolocco, etc.  Gimme a shout if you want to join us, we welcome all who love to offroad.  We go every or every other weekend, so our group has lots of offroading experience.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy tree off-road is close and cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top