BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in Etowah county, but I can recommend Turnipseed Campground in the TNF as an awesome place to meet.  It's big enough for a lot of folks to show up, you can camp and hike there too.  Wife and I used to practice Land Nav with Turnipseed as our starting point.  I guess I'm old school, but I like to write my contacts down in a little black book, as opposed to storing them on my device.  Sharing contact info is a great start to building a communication network.
View Quote

Turnipseed is good unless there would be a need for internet. Cell coverage there is dismal at best.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm down for whatever.  Any kind of organization is better than nothing.  Zoom, meeting up at a wilderness spot, shooting range, even bar or restaurant is fine with me.  I want to be active moving forward, my wife and even my teenage kids want to contribute in some way.  Anything is better than sitting on our asses complaining about our current state of affairs.  I'm in an Alabama offroading group and we go trail riding quite regularly.  I'm thinking of doing a ride/meet and sharing of contacts in case the shit ever hit the fan in our state.  Even a meet and greet at our local range would be good too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#4]
St. Clair here. Go to a gym in Etowah and police in Jefferson though, so I’m kinda all over.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Wilmore?  Absolute?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
setting up a keybase group for hometown could be a good idea.
View Quote

Keybase or Telegram either would be a good viable solution.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:37:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in the Decatur area.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

i am well aware of zoom and it's limitations.

my suggestion was for an easy ftf meet and greet not a tactical coordination event.
View Quote

Sorry TBS. I did not intend to offend.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump for this thread

North Alabama meet-up 6FEB21 (Birmingham)

PM me for time and place

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top