Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2020 9:56:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I see dead social workers in the future.

Birmingham has the most violent breed of savages, and have literally nothing to lose.  Birmingham should be razed, or a wall erected around it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Birmingham has the most violent breed of savages, and have literally nothing to lose.  Birmingham should be razed, or a wall erected around it.
View Quote

Birmingham is Razing itself in an attempt to get rid of dilapidated buildings.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

X2 - I work downtown and there is seriously no fu@ks given with most of these fine upstanding citizens.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 12:19:12 AM EDT
[#4]
We'll see.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 9:03:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I see the "social workers" being advocates for the bad guy if anything goes south during the DV call and it ends up at trial. I can't see how any of this benefits the police, but only helps cover the mayors ass with those who put him in office.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I see the "social workers" being advocates for the bad guy if anything goes south during the DV call and it ends up at trial. I can't see how any of this benefits the police, but only helps cover the mayors ass with those who put him in office.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no problem with the cops receiving more "Social Worker" training but to send "Social Workers" out on police calls is stupid.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have no problem with the cops receiving more "Social Worker" training but to send "Social Workers" out on police calls is stupid.
View Quote

There are training programs that are slowly being implemented. Such as Crisis Intervention Teams that the National Alliance for Mental Illness promotes. But for cops to be both officer and social worker is asking too much for a job that doesn't pay enough and already has plenty of stressors.

A DV or mental health crisis call are among the most dangerous for an officer to respond to. Are you asking an officer to maintain control on the scene while filling out paperwork for the victim to go to a shelter or talk down and to transport someone who is having a possibly violent mental health issue?

Having social workers attached to specially trained officers for DV and mental health calls would be beneficial, however only larger departments will be able to have the manpower, budget, and resources for such teams.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top