Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2016 10:21:12 AM EDT
I have 2 plastic barrels (15-20 gal ea) of used motor oil I need to dispose of. Local places (280/Chelsea) seem to be limited on quantity. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or better yet, do you have a use for it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have 2 plastic barrels (15-20 gal ea) of used motor oil I need to dispose of. Local places (280/Chelsea) seem to be limited on quantity. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or better yet, do you have a use for it?
View Quote

one of the oil change places wont take it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
HEY

<------
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HEY

<------
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
HEY

<------

When do you want to come pick it up? I'll buy lunch! Or...when do you want to take delivery? I'm camping Sat/Sun morn this coming weekend. We are closing on our house in a month so I'm pretty flexible otherwise.

Quoted:
Quoted:

one of the oil change places wont take it?

None that I've called locally. Granted, I haven't called Express Oil/Tire Engineers (overwhelming majority here) because I refuse to do business with them on principle.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Off topic, but what's wrong with TE/Express Oil?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#5]
If you still have the oil Ill gladly pick it up this week.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Notso picked it up today. And showed me some of his toys. So jealous.

Quoted:

Screwed up a job they shouldn't have taken. Tech had never done it before so it took much longer than quoted because he had to watch YouTube videos (his own words). Did not put my jeep back in the configuration in which it arrived...exhaust left loose at headers/downpipe, skid plate mounting bolt missing, skid plates bolted together with threads (rather than carriage bolt head) pointed down. I found the issues and fixed them on a Sunday. They told me I should have let them fix it. A) I would have missed work...for their screw up. B) They are never touching my vehicle again.

All I wanted was compensation for my time. It took me 4 hours to find and fix their screwups, so I wanted 4 hours at shop rate back. I'm sure that's unorthodox, but they wouldn't discuss anything with me. Told me they couldn't do anything about it since I didn't give them a chance to fix it...but I could file a complaint with corporate.

Before the TE/EO merger, TE was run like a small, local shop and stood behind their work. Now they are run like a large corporation and have lost touch with customer service.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Deuce thanks you for your donation!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Screwed up a job they shouldn't have taken. Tech had never done it before so it took much longer than quoted because he had to watch YouTube videos (his own words). Did not put my jeep back in the configuration in which it arrived...exhaust left loose at headers/downpipe, skid plate mounting bolt missing, skid plates bolted together with threads (rather than carriage bolt head) pointed down. I found the issues and fixed them on a Sunday. They told me I should have let them fix it. A) I would have missed work...for their screw up. B) They are never touching my vehicle again.

All I wanted was compensation for my time. It took me 4 hours to find and fix their screwups, so I wanted 4 hours at shop rate back. I'm sure that's unorthodox, but they wouldn't discuss anything with me. Told me they couldn't do anything about it since I didn't give them a chance to fix it...but I could file a complaint with corporate.

Before the TE/EO merger, TE was run like a small, local shop and stood behind their work. Now they are run like a large corporation and have lost touch with customer service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I felt the same way about EO until the merger... now it's all corporate speak when you go in there.... at TE, I dropped my car off twice for an oil change.. at 7am before work and walked to work... "We'll call you when it's ready".. they never call .. I get off at 4pm and called.. "Sure, it'll be ready by the time you get here" .. both times it was after 6pm before they were done with no apology , or anything.   That's the last time I've used them.. even though that are very convenient .. I use the Ford dealer and they are comparable in price.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 20 to 30 , 5 quart jugs of used motor oil if someone wants it . Can carry it to work and you can pick it up in Birmingham . Send me a PM . Larry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top