[#1]
bad shoot, suspect lived to sue
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

"my client is suing the defendant because he broke into the defendant's house, at some point shot the defendant, and the defendant shot him.".

Hell of a case theory you got there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

"my client is suing the defendant because he broke into the defendant's house, at some point shot the defendant, and the defendant shot him.".

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

happens all the time!
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

happens all the time!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

happens all the time!

Successfully?  As in Alabama jury returning a monetary verdict for the burglar?  Got a link to such a case?

I know you can sue for anything.  Literally anything.  I could file a case stating your avatar makes me angry and therefore you owe me $400.  I can even file a Motion for an Ice Cream Party the day before trial.  That does not mean I will recover a penny or the judge will order an ice cream party the day before trial.  Just because I can do it, it also does not mean I will recover anything or you should lose a second of sleep over it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Successfully?  As in Alabama jury returning a monetary verdict for the burglar?  Got a link to such a case?

I know you can sue for anything.  Literally anything.  I could file a case stating your avatar makes me angry and therefore you owe me $400.  I can even file a Motion for an Ice Cream Party the day before trial.  That does not mean I will recover a penny or the judge will order an ice cream party the day before trial.  Just because I can do it, it also does not mean I will recover anything or you should lose a second of sleep over it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

happens all the time!

The issue lies in that the victim of the burglary will still have to pay for counsel to defend him in court against a ridiculous lawsuit.  The court system in this country is FUBAR and Alabama is no exception.  The shot burglar most likely would not win anything in Alabama, but I wouldn't completely write it off.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#6]
no, not it AL but it has happened in plenty in other states. Fact is when some POS is gonna sue there will be a POS lawyer with his hands out to take it to court.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Taxpayers get stuck with $30K bill for helo ride???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top