Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2013 4:53:48 AM EDT
There is an Appleseed shoot in a couple of weeks (20-21 July) at the Shelby County Sheriff's Office Training Center in Columbiana, AL.

There are still plenty of spots on the line available.  You can register by clicking here.

Please review:  How to Prepare for an Event

Additional Information

Safety Notice:  Rifles must be cased and left in vehicle until after the Safety Briefing. Do Not bring your firearms out until instructed to bring them to the firing line. No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Eye and ear protection required. No illegal firearms are allowed. Some ranges are .22 rimfire only. At ranges that allow centerfire no rifle cartridges over 8mm cal are allowed.

Range Fee: NONE!

Camping Available: Yes, see event page.

Hotels: Yes, see event page.

Directions:

From the Birmingham area - Take I-65 South to Exit 231 (Calera/Montevallo Exit) and turn left and go about 1 mile to AL HWY 70. Turn right on AL HWY 70 and go about 7 ½ miles to McDow Road. Turn left on McDow Road and proceed about 1/3 mile to the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office Training Center on the left.

From the Montgomery area - Take I-65 North to Exit 228 (Montevallo/Calera Exit) and turn right onto AL Hwy 25 and go about 9 ½ miles to AL HWY 70. Turn left on AL HWY 70 and go about a mile to McDow Road. Turn right on McDow Road and proceed about 1/3 mile to the Shelby County Sheriff’s Office Training Center on the left.

Misc:  Bring out the centerfire or rimfire for a weekend of learning valuable marksmanship skills.  No alcohol permitted.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#1]

I might be interested.      Do you have many female attendies?  

Link Posted: 7/10/2013 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, there are usually some ladies on every shooting line... and also lady instructors.  

I know of one lady instructor who will be attending that weekend.

Hope you can come out.  If I can answer any questions, let me know.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2013 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#3]
bump!  
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:47:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Today is the last day to register online.  Walk-ins are welcome.

While most people bring a 22LR because it's cheap to fire, you can bring most any rifle you own.

If you need .22 ammo or a rifle, we can probably work something out.  Loaner rifles are available.  Ammo at reasonable cost, too.

PM me if you need ammo or a loaner rifle.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Any local folks coming to this?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 5:20:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Thank You to all the Appleseed Folks for all the instruction and patience. It was a great weekend packed with a wealth of information on Marksmanship. If you want to improve your marksmanship skills I would highly recommend this Clinic. It was a fun weekend for all walks of life, and all skill levels (Novice to Expert). I look forward to the next Appleseed event.

Link Posted: 7/22/2013 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Did you go home with a green patch?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you go home with a green patch?
View Quote
No I did not, but I did bring home some dandy elbow bruises and abrasions. I was happy just to come out and shoot.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Barb,

It was a pleasure to meet you this weekend and watch you improve through Saturday and Sunday.  You should be proud of your advancement!

I hope you come back out and join us again.

-Ken914
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Looking forward to the next Clinic.     And Thanks for the kind words.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top