Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2011 8:15:10 AM EDT
What are the chances of getting something similar passed in Alabama ? I would think with our current House and Senate makeup that we could get something similar? I have sent an email to my state rep, Mickey Hammon. Hopefully something will come of it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What are the chances of getting something similar passed in Alabama ? I would think with our current House and Senate makeup that we could get something similar? I have sent an email to my state rep, Mickey Hammon. Hopefully something will come of it.

unless they add into the bill that MG also manufactured in AL etc.... I find the bill to be too weak IMO.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed... Just wondering if the folks we have in our state government would go for anything that would be thumbing their nose at the feds.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 6:22:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:12:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Will let ya'll know when I hear back from Mickey Hammon.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#5]
The Montana Firearms Freedom Act [1] is an attempt to limit federal jurisdiction over firearms in the state of Montana.

Provisions

The law declares that firearms manufactured in the state of Montana after October 1, 2009, and which remain in the state, are exempt from United States federal firearms regulations, provided that these items are clearly stamped "Made in Montana" on a central metallic part.

It applies to all firearms other than fully automatic weapons, firearms that cannot be carried and used by one person, and firearms with a bore diameter greater than 1½ inch which use smokeless powder. It also applies to ammunition (except exploding projectiles), and accessories such as silencers.[2]

The law has no requirements for registration, background checks or dealer licensing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Firearms_Freedom_Act
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top