Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 5:36:00 PM EDT
Who's up for a run-n-gun in November?

You guys have seen the Vincent shooting location, and I'll volunteer to contact the city and let them know we will be out there.

I can make the target stands if someone can bring the paper.

I'm figuring we'll have a pistol course, a rifle course, and a course with both.

I'd even be game with each us putting in $5 or something and giving 1/3 of the pot to each winner.

I'm trying to make it far enough in the future that folks can make arrangements. Please suggest a day/weekend that works.

The only other place I know of to go would be the Magic City Gun Club,
and I have a membership there, but weekends are tough. We could reserve
one of the ranges for a weekday though.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 12:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
What is a "run-n-gun"?  

Rules, targets, equipment, round count, safety considerations?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:09:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What is a "run-n-gun"?  

Rules, targets, equipment, round count, safety considerations?

It is a rather informal competition with a moving course of fire. Typically involves 3 or more targets. You will run from one station to the next and engage one or more targets at that station. We don't usually shoot while running, unless I feel really comfortable with the guys present, given the safety concerns.

Round count will depend on what courses we decide to include.

You'll need one rifle with at least a 10 round removable magazine. At least two magazines for your rifle.

No caliber restrictions.

You'll need one pistol, with at least a 10 round removable magazine, and at least three of those.

We typically have a safety briefing at the beginning, and the rest is common sense. If we have an instructor present, I have no problem with him/her running the show.

Scoring is pretty simple:

Each shooter starts out with a number of points equal to 2x the round count required for the course of fire.

<sample course of fire>

For example, if there are three silhouette targets. The shooter will begin with 24 points. The course is timed.

Shooter will run 100 yards to the first target. (safety on)

The shooter will fire 2 rounds head, and 2 rounds CoM on first target.

The shooter will run to the next target (safety on)

The shooter will fire 2 rounds head, and 2 rounds CoM on second target.

etc.

Once the run is complete and the range is made safe, we will score by counting the number of hits to the target area. Each hit in the head and CoM is -0 points. (in other words, you don't lose any). Hits that are not in the head or CoM are -1 points. Misses are -2 points.

Additionally for each second you go over the predetermined time, you lose 1 point. For every second you go under the time, you get +1 point.

Questions?

Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be in depending on date. Make sure its not a Bama Home game, hint hint.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'd be in depending on date. Make sure its not a Bama Home game, hint hint.

Wouldn't dream of it!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top