Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2010 7:29:38 PM EDT
I am interested in getting my muzzle a little more under control. I am do not care for muzzle breaks as they always have everyone holding their hands over their ear protection when being shot.

I have been reading and watching videos on the Battle Comp 1.0. Does anyone have any experience with these and what are your thoughts? I shoot at Woolmarket if anyone might have one in the area. Before I plop down $150, I would like to know if they are worth the gains.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:58:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me drill some holes in the top of your barrel for you Josh , That will keep it from coming up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 4:59:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am interested in getting my muzzle a little more under control. I am do not care for muzzle breaks as they always have everyone holding their hands over their ear protection when being shot.

I have been reading and watching videos on the Battle Comp 1.0. Does anyone have any experience with these and what are your thoughts? I shoot at Woolmarket if anyone might have one in the area. Before I plop down $150, I would like to know if they are worth the gains.

I am running one on my 12.5 Middy at the moment.. I like the impulse, but haven't got behind it for accuracy yet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Dennis, I know you would happily.

DirtySouthNarcco- I'm not a bullseye shooter so not all that worried about sub moa accuracy. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag for interesting opinions...
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:59:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got one and love it.  Very little movement of the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:07:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I think I am going to order one today.

Thanks for the input guys.

For those interested I will give another real world report when I get it in and test it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's my thoughts on the BattleComp from another thread....

I have run the Rainier XTC, Surefire MB556K, and the BattleComp, and have found them all to have similar muzzle control properties. The Surefire is pretty much unbeatable in this area, but it puts out a vicious blast, muzzle flash & concussion to the sides. The Rainier XTC works very well in muzzle control, but it also puts out a nasty side blast/flash/concussion. It's flash-hiding properties are slightly better than the Surefire brake, but not by much.

In my opinion, the BattleComp offers the best of ALL worlds. It effectively controls muzzle climb during rapid fire/multiple shot drills, and it is only about as loud as a standard A2 birdcage. The muzzle flash is also comparable to a A2 birdcage and it is in a league of it's own when evaluating all three factors: Controlling muzzle climb, controlling muzzle flash, and reducing the blast/concussion coming from the side of the device.

As is described on their website: "The BattleComp offers muzzle control like some of the best brakes on the market, with none of their liabilities.

The BattleComp 1.0 is a true tactical compensator specifically designed for military and law enforcement operators who use the AR15 platform for CQB.

The BattleComp gives the tactical operator excellent control WITHOUT the excessive concussion and crushing blast produced by most compensators on the market –– with flash comparable to an A2 –– and all in an A2-sized package
".

I think BCE has accomplished exactly what they set out to produce. If you are looking for a brake or compensator for competition use only, then some of the other designs may work slightly better for you. If you need a muzzle device that allows you to keep you red dot or sights from jumping & on-target while placing multiple accurate shots into someones face while operating with other friendlies around you (family members, fellow LEO's/Team members, etc.) then the BattleComp is the best option available in my opinion.

Here's a short video I posted on YouTube of my initial range session with the BattleComp: BattleComp 1.0 Video
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info.

I ordered one and its sitting at the Post Office waiting to be picked up. It wont be until Tuesday before I get my grubby hands on it. :(

Been reading  more on it at another forum. I am sold that I made the right buy. I read that Larue picked it up as an option, Magpul is testing them and a couple other well known manufacturers are testing them.  Also they appear to work with Gemtech Halo's which is a bonus as I have been eyeballing them for some time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Received the Comp. It came in Friday, but I was out of town until last night. The finish was messed up on it. The machine quality was nice though.  I was a bit disappointed, and emailed support at 11pm last night. I received an email from Capt Nick, a short time later explaining that it was not a normal finish and more than likely had some oil on it when it was finished. They put a new one in the mail today with return postage. Aside from not having a good finished product currently in my hands, their quick handling of the problem has eased my disappointment. Hopefully I will have it on my gun to throw some lead down range this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#10]
The BattleComp is installed, along with an EoTech 516. All I can say is its worth the money. Very happy with the control and noise is on par with the A2. And as far as accurate, I was able to shoot a 2" 3 shot group @ 200yds off the bench bag. Might have been an anomaly, but I quite there.

Now to see how it/I does/do this coming weeks 3 gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top