Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2010 4:47:33 PM EDT
Anyone ever shoot out there?
I've been out there a few times, and enjoyed it. Considering heading out there this Saturday AM before it gets too hot.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:04:40 AM EDT
[#1]

This is the first I have heard of it. Is it a regular shooting spot?

Does shooting attract unwanted attention? I am always up for checking out a new shooting location.

Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea its somewhat popular, the local LEO comes by every once in a while to check on folks, but they don't mind.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]
confirmed. I'll be out there with a few of my friends about 7 or 8 AM Saturday. Anyone is welcome. IM if you're interested. I'm not going to plaster the location on the site.

I just finished putting my target frames back together from the last time we blew them to bits.

We will be doing some basic drills with rifles and pistols. Nothing over probably 50 yards. I will have two guys with me that haven't spent as much time doing drills as some, but they are good guys anyway. Gotta start somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/1/2010 7:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Hate you guys missed out.

Had a blast.
Only 3 of us out there.

From the rifle course of fire:

From the pistol course of fire.

Link Posted: 8/2/2010 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Nice pics!

I didn't see the invite until today or I might have joined you.

I like that you can do some run'n'gun there.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2010 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nice pics!  

I didn't see the invite until today or I might have joined you.

I like that you can do some run'n'gun there.  

I'll let you know when we go again.

Link Posted: 8/3/2010 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I know you had fun! Great Pictures!
I can't wait until we join the Magic City Gun club next Thursday. Should be a blast...so to speak.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey folks,

I'm headed back out there with some friends of mine for more drills this weekend.

I think we are going to both rifle and pistol again. We are thinking about headed out there Sunday around 4 or 430.

Anyone is welcome to join, just bring plenty of ammo and contribute some paper/cardboard to shoot at.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#9]
How the hades did I miss this great thread.....I would of shown up prob....cause I just was thinking after the first few replies about meeting up tom. am

Great pics and that looks like a metric ton of fun to shoot out there....is there anywhere that you can shoot prone @ 100yds?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

How the hades did I miss this great thread.....I would of shown up prob....cause I just was thinking after the first few replies about meeting up tom. am

Great pics and that looks like a metric ton of fun to shoot out there....is there anywhere that you can shoot prone @ 100yds?
There sure is. The whole pit is surrounded by 15+ foot tall burms.

One of the burms has a shady spot that is mostly level you can lay down in.

If you want, I can bring my measuring wheel, assuming I can find it.

We are going this weekend, come join.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#11]
When you gents going out there?....and no worries on any additional info and such on the 100yd.  range as I am not picky and I can just hit it w. a range finder.  I think I am gonna run to the wma tom. am and shoot a few groups but I might can get out twice in one weekend....ammo fairy can visit in b/t diff. range trips
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:12:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

When you gents going out there?....and no worries on any additional info and such on the 100yd.  range as I am not picky and I can just hit it w. a range finder.  I think I am gonna run to the wma tom. am and shoot a few groups but I might can get out twice in one weekend....ammo fairy can visit in b/t diff. range trips

We are thinking about 4-430 on Sunday afternoon

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:00:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you gents going out there?....and no worries on any additional info and such on the 100yd. range as I am not picky and I can just hit it w. a range finder. I think I am gonna run to the wma tom. am and shoot a few groups but I might can get out twice in one weekend....ammo fairy can visit in b/t diff. range trips

We are thinking about 4-430 on Sunday afternoon

Scratch that. Coach scheduled a last minute ball game. I'm not gonna make it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I hear ya, gotta play ball

I am sneaky about my shooting habits as in I like to go when krazies are not at the free ranges so I was gonna ask about this place in the early mornings mon-thurs......besides the occasional visit from the leo which is not a problem, is there a best time to go so that you have some quiet time for methodical precision work to prepare for future precision zombie engagements....I hear they are coming very soon and my beloved wma is in the damn can for 9 more days
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I am sneaky about my shooting habits as in I like to go when krazies are not at the free ranges so I was gonna ask about this place in the early mornings mon-thurs......besides the occasional visit from the leo which is not a problem, is there a best time to go so that you have some quiet time for methodical precision work to prepare for future precision zombie engagements....I hear they are coming very soon and my beloved wma is in the damn can for 9 more days

This place is perfect early AM on the weekends and during the weekdays, its desolate.

It is so far out of the way, the only time I see it crowded is on Saturday from lunch to dark, and sometimes on Sunday afternoons.

I've been out there probably a dozen or more times this year, and I've only ever had to share twice, both on Saturday afternoons.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This place is perfect early AM on the weekends and during the weekdays, its desolate.
It is so far out of the way, the only time I see it crowded is on Saturday from lunch to dark, and sometimes on Sunday afternoons.

I've been out there probably a dozen or more times this year, and I've only ever had to share twice, both on Saturday afternoons.

I think I will try and sneak out there tom. early am if you or anybody whats to join.....thanks very much for this great info and thread and I will snap some pics and share my impressions in this thread once I head out there.  

I am stoked about heading out there as I love to shoot at any new place as I never really get to that much.....Alabama should have hundreds of State owned land not being used, etc. that should be open to having a firing range.  It will depress on if you think just how little access Alabamians have to their State land and I am about to go off on a soap box tirade...so I will take a time out and hopefully when I return and can post and AAR from out there
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think I will try and sneak out there tom. early am if you or anybody whats to join.....thanks very much for this great info and thread and I will snap some pics and share my impressions in this thread once I head out there.  

I am stoked about heading out there as I love to shoot at any new place as I never really get to that much.....Alabama should have hundreds of State owned land not being used, etc. that should be open to having a firing range.  It will depress on if you think just how little access Alabamians have to their State land and I am about to go off on a soap box tirade...so I will take a time out and hopefully when I return and can post and AAR from out there
Sounds good. Were you able to find the coords?

Also, be warned, it is NOT beautiful. Our redneck bretheren have trashed the place.

I propose that someday when it cools off, we take my truck out there and clean the place up.

I won't be able to make it, my day job has me at a desk on Monday mornings at 730am

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Hehe.....thankfully you have a brain and I can share it since I lost mine.....I am so used to just playing things off the cuff and by ear that I was just gonna drive near the area, stop at a gas station and ask.  Now that I think about it, directions are good things in life and if you happen to have some that would be sweet
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Hehe.....thankfully you have a brain and I can share it since I lost mine.....I am so used to just playing things off the cuff and by ear that I was just gonna drive near the area, stop at a gas station and ask.  Now that I think about it, directions are good things in life and if you happen to have some that would be sweet

IM inbound!

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:44:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top