Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2010 6:28:24 PM EDT
I'm going to be trying to rent a table at the next gun show in Northern AL.  Anybody point me in the right direction for the next show and who to contact to rent a table?  A soon to be messy divorce has me scrambling for top dollar for my gun collection (most of it anyway).  I think a gun show is my best venue for getting close to retail value out of my assorted collection.  Would appreciate your input, also if anyone wanted to split a table at a show, that would be great too.  I'm located in Northern AL, just outside of Huntsville.  Reccomendations on cost effective divorce attorneys appreciated as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 1:02:14 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are still needing an attorney-  I have a good one!  She is a damn shark.  PM me for her info.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 1:44:47 AM EDT
[#2]
The next GS I'm aware is the 27th & 28th of this month in Florence.  It's a Valley productions show & they have a website, just google them.  IIRC, it has 250 tables.  Sorry, I don't know a good divorce attorney as I've been married to the same old gal for 42 years:)

Rick
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 4:05:33 AM EDT
[#3]
No idea on the show but I can tell you an attorney in HSV that you DO NOT want to use.  My ex used him and I got everything.  I only paid a lawyer to read the papers that her attorney prepared......

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#4]
The best divorce attorney in North Alabama is Dinah Rhodes.

Dinah Rhodes
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Dinah is good, but not the best...in fact, I do not know if any divorce lawyer in North Alabama qualifies as the "best".  I know some that charge outrageous prices andt folks are willing to pay it for some bizarre reason, but those lawyers aren't "the best" either.

$1,500-$2,500 retainer for contested +costs

$779 for uncontested, including court costs(filing fee) is a norm...anything above that is a rip
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thankfully , I have no experance in the divorce arena. I do however do several of the gun shows here in the N AL area. Good luck trying to get a table this late. The only have 250 tables at Huntsville /Florance shows and the regular vendors suck up around 230 of them!. The show is always sold out months in advance. I have had luck selling here on AR-15.com.  I have also gone up to TN , namely the Nashville and Franklin shows and had some luck there as well. I have also just walked around the shows with a for sale sign on my back.

Good luck what ever you do
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Also. If you want, you can email me offline and send me a list of what you are selling. I have many friends who are always asking me, the gun nut, where they can get a good gun.

[email protected]

Admin guys..not trying to sell outside of the EE..Just trying to help a guy out!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the responses guys.  I've got my collection listed in different ads in the EE, and am making good progress at unloading the stuff.  I'm real close to huntsville for those of you who are local if you are interested in anything.  I don't really want to move on the prices, but in most cases I can throw in some extras for a FTF that doesn't require much travel.  Had a long talk with the wife, and my trump card of the "debt implosion bomb" which will affect everything she values currently has kept us from having a nasty separation, and we've agreed in principle to avoid a contested divorce.  I'm lucky in the sense that she is rationale to a certain extent, and appreciates the fact that if she tries to put me in an untenable situation, I'll do my best to return the favor.  So I'm unloading my guns, along with everything else we own that isn't nailed down to generate cash to pay down the debt implosion bomb, so that the spouse and I can part ways and get on with our lives.  Probably too much information for everyone.  
Anyway - check the EE.  Also, not listed in the EE I have for sale a 2001 Porsche Boxster, and 2005 Infiniti G35 sedan.  I'll be aggressive on pricing on these - I want more than wholesale but significantly less than retail.  Email me if it sounds interesting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top