Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/9/2009 12:09:18 PM EDT
Where would I find a good suppressor dealer in or around Jefferson Co.?
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Nick @ Rock Creek Gun Service in Bessemer 436-4867
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Bill McDonald

[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By billbotts:
Bill McDonald

[email protected]

+1
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Do any of these dealers have any hands-on items I could look at?
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MADMIKE99:
Do any of these dealers have any hands-on items I could look at?

I know Bill has my .22 suppressor right now, just waiting on the paperwork.
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Bill McDonald

[email protected]

+2 on Bill. Great guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Bill McDonald

[email protected]

+3.  Never bought a suppressor from him, but use him as my FFL.  Great prices and service.
Link Posted: 11/9/2009 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Matt Smith of Whisper Tech   email [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TIU:

+1

I transferred one through him and it was truly a pleasure dealing with him...great guy.
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Jerry Bell.  His contact info can be found on Noveske Rifle Works' web site > dealer > Alabama. I know he deals with AAC suppressors, I'm not sure of other brands.
Link Posted: 11/10/2009 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ElmerFudd:
Bill McDonald

[email protected]

+3.  Never bought a suppressor from him, but use him as my FFL.  Great prices and service.
+4

Link Posted: 11/20/2009 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Also, though not in Jefferson Co, dont forget about PSI in GA. You would have to have the can transfered to a dealer in AL. Mark (aka Bookhound on the forums) is great to deal with and a wealth of knowedge. You may be able to talk to him at local shoots here or in GA.
Link Posted: 11/24/2009 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Not in Jefferson County but not to far away      Sure Shot in Alexander City AL       Ask for Woody
Link Posted: 12/2/2009 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/4/2009 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bjwar10:

+1

I transferred one through him and it was truly a pleasure dealing with him...great guy.

+2.  I have 2 of his cans, and transferred 3 other cans through him.  Great guy.  He will let you try what he has.
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Valley-Of-Elah:
Bill McDonald

[email protected]

+1

I second Bill , he is a personal friend

Also check out Hueytown Pawn , talk to Tommy Eason , the owner.
I set him up as a Yankee Hill dealer , will give you a good price.
Link Posted: 12/8/2009 7:32:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: redneckarmy34] [#17]
Just got my first suppressor from Bill McDonald. He gave me the paperwork pretty much filled out, all I had to do was answer the questions, get some signatures, fingerprints, and the passport photo. Then 4 months later I got the suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HardShell:

Originally Posted By two4spooky:
Jerry Bell. His contact info can be found on Noveske Rifle Works' web site > dealer > Alabama. I know he deals with AAC suppressors, I'm not sure of other brands.

Big +1 for Jerry –– he's admittedly the only one I've ever gone through, but he was great to work with.

I have done business with Jerry along with other friends. He's straight forward, knowledgeable and on time. I'll go back to him and have recommended several people to him.
Link Posted: 12/27/2009 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HardShell:

Originally Posted By two4spooky:
Jerry Bell. His contact info can be found on Noveske Rifle Works' web site > dealer > Alabama. I know he deals with AAC suppressors, I'm not sure of other brands.

Big +1 for Jerry –– he's admittedly the only one I've ever gone through, but he was great to work with.

I have done business with Jerry along with other friends. He's straight forward, knowledgeable and on time. I'll go back to him and have recommended several people to him.
Link Posted: 12/29/2009 2:50:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By NUTFINN:
Bill McDonald

[email protected]

+4

And one more big +. Bill has samples of some cans, and I have bought all my cans through him. He also has access to Yankee Hill, SureFire, and whatever else you may need. Good guy too. Very helpful.
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Jeff Shooter Supply.  He may be in the Pelham area.
Link Posted: 1/13/2010 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I think this thread should be un tacked, and replaced with one that list all three states by counties of Class III/NFA dealers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#23]
How about Me.  StewartSolutionsLLC.com for info
Link Posted: 1/18/2010 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By GlockHoser:

Whats up pal, glad to see you on here.  Recently i have heard the batf turnaround times have been speeding up some.  Given i have all my paperwork in line and proper passport photos as well as the sheriff of shelby county sign off, can you guesstimate about how many weeks the batf is currently taking?

I am in the market for the spr/m4 by aac, but this is my first and i have never even fired a rifle with a silencer on it so to say i am green is to put it mildly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2010 10:05:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: redneckarmy34] [#25]
Originally Posted By TRIDENT1982:

Whats up pal, glad to see you on here.  Recently i have heard the batf turnaround times have been speeding up some.  Given i have all my paperwork in line and proper passport photos as well as the sheriff of shelby county sign off, can you guesstimate about how many weeks the batf is currently taking?

I am in the market for the spr/m4 by aac, but this is my first and i have never even fired a rifle with a silencer on it so to say i am green is to put it mildly.

I just got my suppressor (my first) from bill December 4th, and I sent off the paper work at the end of May, if that gives you any idea about a waiting time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2010 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By redneckarmy34:

I just got my suppressor (my first) from bill December 4th, and I sent off the paper work at the end of May, if that gives you any idea about a waiting time.

Holy smokes that almost half a yr....who cares now for you, you lucky devil  How do you like, worth the wait and treasure?
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By redneckarmy34:

Holy smokes that almost half a yr....who cares now for you, you lucky devil  How do you like, worth the wait and treasure?

Definitely worth the wait, the YHM suppressor I got is silent on my 10/22, the only sound is the action.
Bill is a pleasure to deal with in title 1 or 2 transfers.

The worst part is the wait though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2010 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By 2_Gun_Mojo:

Originally Posted By NUTFINN:

Bill McDonald

[email protected]

+3. Never bought a suppressor from him, but use him as my FFL. Great prices and service.
+4

And one more big +. Bill has samples of some cans, and I have bought all my cans through him. He also has access to Yankee Hill, SureFire, and whatever else you may need. Good guy too. Very helpful.

I've done several transfers through Bill and he'd be the guy I go to if I wanted to get a can.
Link Posted: 2/17/2010 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bjwar10:

+1

He's the man. Bought a number thru him as well as some fun guns. Makes 'em and sells other manufacturers. Did write articles testing suppressors for some gun mags. Very knowledgeable and helpful.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I am still calling Riley...anyone else staying on this???
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Hoover Tactical Firearms is now carrying Gemtech suppressors.  They have quite a few in stock.

Link Posted: 4/21/2010 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone carry AAC Raptor .40?
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Who has the best price on AAC M4-2000 and Surefire FA556-212 around the birmingham area?
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I know he doesnt carry Surefire but for the best prices on AAC- you have to call Silent Industries in Madison.  256-783-5309.  Worth the drive for the pickup- since everything is through the mail.
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By torozmaster:
I know he doesnt carry Surefire but for the best prices on AAC- you have to call Silent Industries in Madison.  256-783-5309.  Worth the drive for the pickup- since everything is through the mail.

Ok. I will give them a call. Is there anywhere else?
Link Posted: 2/7/2011 7:45:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kevenater] [#38]
gonna call silent industries and check with Malcolm on his prices but i doubt he'll be able to beat the one i'm looking at online. normally i'd rather deal locally but i'm out of work for a month due to ankle surgery and right now I have to save every penny possible! looking at the yhm phantom ss qd 7.62 but would consider a lighter can if the price is right.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#39]
FYI, Alabama Tactical Supply in Albertville, AL has supressors, etc. and is a full line LE/mil supply, AR boutique, and have several Kriss Super Vs in stock, also.
Mark Loyd and Ray Barnes 256-660-1450
Link Posted: 3/24/2011 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/27/2011 10:32:42 AM EDT
[#41]

Does south Alabama have a "go-to" suppressor dealer?  (Dothan, Enterprise, Andalusia area, or closest to it.)  

Who could either sell or transfer in a Surefire can?  

Thanks for any tips - trying to help someone down your way get their first and need a reputable dealer that is willing to walk a noob through the process.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#42]
I have heard good things about WhisperTech and Matt. Haven't had a chance to talk with him yet but the word out on the street is Matt is a great guy to deal with and does some great work.
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Bowie Outfitters in Natchez.  Talk to John Kammerdeiner.  He has tons of experience!  Carries AAC, Surefire, Yankee Hill, etc.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#44]
I've had great experience with Bill Mcdonald of Can the noise.  I've bought a couple suppressors from him and several ffl transfers.  Very easy to work with and he also has a pretty good inventory of shooting gear in his office.  www.canthenoise.net
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#45]
I've had great experience with Bill Mcdonald of Can the noise.  I've bought a couple suppressors from him and several ffl transfers.  Very easy to work with and he also has a pretty good inventory of shooting gear in his office.  www.canthenoise.net
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Thanks for the tips, which I'll pass along.

Link Posted: 4/4/2012 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Bill McDonald

[email protected]

This
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 1:35:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By crisptito:
Bill McDonald

[email protected]

This

That

Bill is GTG
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Another +1 for Bill. He has gone above and beyond for myself and friends with FFL, NFA transfers and general advice. All around great guy. I live maybe 5 mi from his office so I'm always tempted to go see what new suppressors and toys he has in stock.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top