Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 5:31:55 PM EDT
I'm wanting to get the best bang for the buck, the rifles I'm considering right now are:

S&W M&P15 T       - http://www.impactguns.com/store/022188127300.html
RRA Elite CAR A4 - http://www.impactguns.com/store/RRA-AR1225.html
Bushmaster E2S - http://www.impactguns.com/store/604206074089.html

This will be my first AR-15, but won't be my last. It'll be used for home defense and range shooting. I'm going to be putting some kind of Eotech sight on it (havn't decided which one), a dominator two mount, and a rear flip up sight.

Any experience and pointers with any of these three rifles or Bushmaster, RRA, and S&W M&P15s in general would be greatly appreciated. I do have to admit though I'm leaning more toward the S&W M&P15 T right now. (I like mid-length rifles a little better)
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
coc
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
coc

If I had the money right now I'd be very interested. I won't have the money up untill around the first of November. Just sizing up my options right now, nice looking rifle though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
There are hundreds of AR-15 makers now a days.  I would consider a Colt, Noveske, or LMT, they are all on the high end and better quality.  I would currently stay away from anything Olympic Arms is putting out, even though I love their stuff, just have heard they have had some quality issues on their current run of bolts.  And I would stay away from Daniel Defense guns until they get some bugs worked out. Both OA and DD will replace anything which is a good thing.

You could also get it in parts and put it together yourself, upside you know exactly what you have in your gun and you can save money.  Down side, anything doesn't work it's on you to solve it.  Also consider a lot of manufactures of complete guns even use parts from other manufactures.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If you like you could also look at the Stag Arms Model 2T. Its about the same price range your looking at.

Stag Arms Model 2T

I have a Stag Model 3 and I have no problems what so ever with it.
It eats everything I have fed it so far.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Of the three, RRA is probably the best for the bucks.  But I like the Bushmaster better and I always regret not getting the one that I like the best.  If you are going to get one to use, 5 years from now the bucks will be less important than the function, feel, or reliability.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:51:33 AM EDT
[#6]
why not build your 1st from a kit???

for somewhat around $650 you can have a quality rifle and a few good mags...
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:08:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a very big RRA collection and these AR's are great, well made, top quality and relibility is outstanding....I also have started a collection of LMT's, which are outstanding AR's.  Like all of us who get into this hobby, as you get deeper into the details you learn.  If I had to start over again, I would have started with the LMT.  Not to say the RRA's I have are not good, its just the LMT is a big step above.  

I have two basic LMT's, two MRP's and have a Piston upper MRP on order, due in March 2010.  

You are going to spend $950 to $1000 for the RRA, SW and etc.....last basic LMT I purchaed was $1250.  Not a whole lot more.....something to consider

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:10:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
if you are around bham i have the armors kit and would be happy to help.

Really?

How long does a build take?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]
if you buy a kit from most, the upper will be FULLY assembled head spaced & prolly even test fired; but not test CLEANED so, all you'll have to assemble is the lower...

just remember to assemble the JESUS pin in the shower, with the stopper & curtain in place, commode seat down and bathroom door closed
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Appreciate all of the input guys, as I said, the first AR I buy won't be my last, I plan on making a collection out of this of atleast 3-4 ARs. Truth be told I'll probably end up buying a type of rifle by all three companies before it's all said and done.

Quoted:

I live right outside of Birmingham in a town called Graysville. (If you've been up Highway 78 I'm sure you've seen it)
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:01:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:47:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

How long does a build take?

assuming a stripped upper and lower
if i take my time a couple of hours. if i am hard at it.... 45 min tops. this is one of the easiest platforms possible to work on.

lowers aren't hard to do. uppers are ok, depends lol. TBS probably strips his all the way down and reassembles again several times in his sleep
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#17]
lowers are not hard to put together
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top