Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2009 3:18:17 PM EDT
There will be a gun show at the Joppa temple about 2 miles north of I-10 on Hwy 67.  My gun club SMGA is the host.  Come out and say Hi after the Woolmarket multi gun.  I hear there will be a guy there selling primers?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#1]
How do you get there from the 3 gun match/
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
On your way to the three gun match look on your right about two miles north of I-10 on hwy 67.  You pass it on your way to the match.  If you need better directions let me know
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Were you in the 155th? Just wondering because I see the reference to our motto.

"Stand fast, Mississippians!"

I was D Co. (Armor) 1-155 CAB until last year. I work for the Camp Shelby Mobilization Site now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was D Co. (Armor) 1-155 CAB until last year. I work for the Camp Shelby Mobilization Site now.

No I wasn't but I really liked the motto it is from the former local national guard armory sign in Bay St Louis.

I did not serve but thanks for your service, my Grandfather was a retired Army Artillery Col. so I have a great respect for our military.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a buddy from the Bay in Iraq right now. His dad is the Waveland fire chief.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I wasn't but I really liked the motto it is from the former local national guard armory sign in Bay St Louis.

I did not serve but thanks for your service, my Grandfather was a retired Army Artillery Col. so I have a great respect for our military.

That was our armory. D Co. was based in Bay St. Louis, but we drilled with A Co. in Biloxi when I was with the unit, because the armory hadn't been re-built yet.

We got our name from the fact that the Mississippi Rifles was the first unit in the U.S. military to use a rifled musket as a general issue arm. The unit used the .54 caliber 1841 Whitney rifle, which became so well associated with the unit that it has been known ever since as a "Mississippi Rifle." The 1-155th Infantry is the oldest unit in the Mississippi National Guard.

"Stand Fast, Mississippians" is the famous shout from Col. Jefferson Davis to the unit  as they turned the tide during the Battle of Buena Vista in the Mexican War.

As mottos go, we have a pretty good one, and it has a proud history!

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
D

Got any at the show?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:06:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I was in the Old Brigade:

prints are FREE, from the Nat'l Guard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top