Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2009 7:43:00 AM EDT
Never been to the Laurel gun show. Is it worth it I live in Hattiesburg and was wondering if it is the same size or smaller. thanks for any input....Robbie
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder the same thing.
I did some work on my jeeps throttle yesterday and it needs a road test.... It may be a good excuse to go.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I was told it would be a 325 table show. I am going to try and go Sun morning with my RRA for sale. Hope to see some of you guys there. I will be the guy with salt&pepper hair,6'1" about 270 with a "let us prey" M-4 t-shirt on with a carbine on his shoulder. Say hello if you spot me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:42:33 AM EDT
[#3]
What kind of RRA do you have?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Fbuckshot, check your i.m.'s.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm driving up from Mobile Sunday as well and might be interested in the RRA.  IM some info.  

Thnx
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm driving up from Mobile Sunday as well and might be interested in the RRA.  IM some info.  

Thnx

I.M. sent
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I went Sat OK selection but HIGH prices it was a good trip to kill a few hours, The cheapest AR I saw was a Oly for $1150
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Was a pretty good show today. I sold 2 AR's. I also traded a Seeadler scope for a sweet Remington 700 chambered in 17 Rem. Can't wait to punch some paper with it before it goes up for sale. Saw lots of AR parts for sale.
I met M1911A15 up there today, nice guy.Will probably see him at some of the Mobile shows. Would have liked to have met more of you guys.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 5:29:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I drove up from Mobile and most spent of the day there.  I've never driven up to Laurel before and was impressed with how well the show was promoted, with plenty of signs and directions on how to get to the facility.  Kudos to the local folks involved in promotion.  It was a bigger show than what typically occurs in Mobile (though I haven't been to any at the Mobile County fairgrounds in years).  I met up with HuntMaster almost immediately after arriving.  It was great to meet a fellow ARFCOMer and hopefully we can get together again at another show or go shooting sometime.  Glad he was able to sell his AR's and pick up a new toy!

Since I was out-of-state, handgun purchases would have been a hassle...which is too bad because there were a few dealers with a good selection of 1911's and they actually had prices that were right there with what you might find at a local shop.  I'm not opposed to buying online, but being in sales myself, I always try to support dealers in my local area first if at all possible.  

I picked up quite a few things and got deals from every vendor by buying 3 or 4 things from each and asking for a price cut.  I paid a little more for a few things, but got to see and feel everything and spent some time with a few of them talking about addons for my AR's and 1911's.  One dealer had nothing but top quality stuff and he got alot of my $.  Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, lots of Magpul stuff, Vltor, YHM and many more.  Wish this guy would come to the Mobile shows.  No guns for me at this show...all new goodies for the ones I already have.

Here' a big "new friend" for HuntMaster...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top