Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2009 9:18:47 AM EDT
What are the property Taxes like?  I tried to look around on the net but could not any generalized information.  Also, Im from Texas, do you have anything like the Castle Doctrine?

I would appreciate being pointed to any helpful websites or info you can provide.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
from what i have seen taxes depend on where you live ..........what part are you looking to move to????? that might help out more.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Near Florence, we are looking at houses now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Alabama passed the castle doctrine modeled on the NRA proposal a couple of years ago

Property taxes all over the state are some of the lowest in the nation, sales taxes are higher than the national average but it varies by municialpity and county, 6-9% range mostly, and there is an income tax
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#4]
http://lauderdalecountyonline.com/

here is Lauderdale Counties website, yes we do have Castle Doctrine here.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty much the only thing you can't own are Short Barreled Rifles or Short Barreled Shot guns in Alabama.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#7]
If you don't mind me asking, where are you looking at working in florence?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget to visit the National Incest Museum in Florence.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you don't mind me asking, where are you looking at working in florence?

Its not me, its the lady friend.  So I will probably be looking for a job when i get there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:06:28 AM EDT
[#10]
I moved to AL from TX a year ago.

Property taxes are WAY lower than TX.

That said, state income tax sucks. Also, some of the municipalities have some odd tax structures, too.

It's a nice place, the people are warm and welcoming. It reminds me of Texas, with a different accent.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:08:31 PM EDT
[#11]
A key difference is that in Alabama vs. Texas is that barbecue is mostly pork rather than beef.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't forget to visit the National Incest Museum in Florence.

Where is that.... I live in Florence and my sister and I have been looking for a good place to go on a date.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:06:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A key difference is that in Alabama vs. Texas is that barbecue is mostly pork rather than beef.

Hmm, don't know about the pork part.....

Thats good to know about the property tax.

Thanks for all of the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top