Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2008 6:53:32 AM EDT

AAI will be hosting an instructor development course for those who are interested in becoming a NRA Certified Instructor in pistol, rifle, shotgun and Range Safety Officer.

The prerequisite to being able to attend this course is that you have to be able to provide documentation of training in each of the disciplines from a reputable instructor/firm (email [email protected]) for clarification.

The cost is $325 for all 4 disciplines and will be held on Saturday, December 20th by a NRA certified counselor. This is a limited seat course that will be held in Lake City, Florida and payment must be made by December 1st in order for the home study materials to be sent to each participant prior to the classroom/range portion.

This course will then enable participants to go forth and pass instruction on to the masses enabling those who wish to obtain their CCW licenses and promote responsible firearms ownership and support the 2nd ammendment.

For more info email [email protected]

Unitl Next Time ... Take Care and Stay Aware!

Link Posted: 11/14/2008 6:55:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Gentlemen:
NRA does have a policy and procedure in place, and all courses have a minimum time requirement, and must be conducted face to face. This course would need to be 51 hours long, and if I am not mistaken, would be impossible to do in ONE day. It doesn't matter what prior qualifications an instructor candidate has - whether they are an olympic trap shooter, USMC sniper, LEO, it doesn't matter. The course is 51 hours long for these disciplines! Let me break it down -

Basic Instructor Training - 6 hours
Pistol Discipline - 11 hours
Rifle Discipline - 14 hours
Shotgun Discipline - 11 hours
Range Safety Officer - 9 hours

If the "NRA Counselor" has an explanation on how this can be conducted in ONE day, please have him contact me. NRA Training Department will be on the look-out for any instructor applications being submitted from this course, and will not process them.

Sincerely

John Howard
National Rifle Association of America
NRA National Instructor Trainer
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
"Our attachment to no nation upon earth should supplant our attachment to liberty." -Thomas Jefferson-

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready
in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
- George Orwell -
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Myself and the counselor that I am hosting to conduct this course were contacted by a NRA representative regarding this thread due to some hurt feelings by existing NRA Instructors. In consulting with one another, we thought that the prerequisites that I listed would have more than sufficed for the required timeframes (upwards of 60 hours of advanced training in each discipline along with 2 weeks of homestudy and preparation and roughly 12 hours of presentation on the practical application day totaling approximately 72 hours), but have been advised by NRA that it is not acceptable. Hence we will conduct the advertised course on two consecutive weekends (December 12-14 and 19-21) in the required topics.

I will be contacting those who have registered to discuss this matter with them.

Sorry for any inconvenience that this posting might have caused.

Russ Adler
Executive Director
ADLER & ASSOCIATES INTERNATIONAL
www.Dedicated-Professionals.com

Quoted:
Gentlemen:
NRA does have a policy and procedure in place, and all courses have a minimum time requirement, and must be conducted face to face. This course would need to be 51 hours long, and if I am not mistaken, would be impossible to do in ONE day. It doesn't matter what prior qualifications an instructor candidate has - whether they are an olympic trap shooter, USMC sniper, LEO, it doesn't matter. The course is 51 hours long for these disciplines! Let me break it down -

Basic Instructor Training - 6 hours
Pistol Discipline - 11 hours
Rifle Discipline - 14 hours
Shotgun Discipline - 11 hours
Range Safety Officer - 9 hours

If the "NRA Counselor" has an explanation on how this can be conducted in ONE day, please have him contact me. NRA Training Department will be on the look-out for any instructor applications being submitted from this course, and will not process them.

Sincerely

John Howard
National Rifle Association of America
NRA National Instructor Trainer
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
"Our attachment to no nation upon earth should supplant our attachment to liberty." -Thomas Jefferson-

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready
in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
- George Orwell -

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top