Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2008 2:33:13 PM EDT
So I was at the range, at the covered hundred yard positions, shooting a couple of my AR's and my glock.  Three guys pull up in a white Chevy Avalanche, and proceed to setup an M60 GPMG!  I think it was the E3 or E4 configuration.  The Swan Creek Range is where I've sighted more full autos than anywhere accept Knob Creek, in fact it is the only place I've seen full autos at a public range other than Knob Creek.  They fired off a couple of hundred round belts, made me feel bad about just having semi-auto Ar's - it makes for a little gun envy when people show up with $40k + belt feds (at least I think that's the going rate of an M60).  Looked to be in decent shape, not a malfunction during the 300 rounds or so I saw fired.  It really caused the range buzzards to hover though, as theshooters weren't collecting the brass, just the links.  
Personally, even if I could afford the M60, I'd still police up non-reloadable brass myself to sell for scrap.  The upside of Swan Creek is the common full auto sightings, the downside is the constant presence of range buzzards who never seem to be there to shoot, only to police up brass as it hits the ground.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#1]
If I could afford a transferable M60, I wouldn't be worried about $20 worth of brass, either.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Cockroaches have their place too.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#3]
People seem to ignore full auto guys but pull out a suppressor and you can clear a place out ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive only been there half a dozen times, but it seems like theres always something to see
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 3:09:24 AM EDT
[#5]
 Early on a Sunday morning seems to be the best time to avoid the brass bums at Swan.  

Rick
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree, sunday mornings 9-12 is the best time to shoot
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Because all the brass hogs are in church praying for you sinning shooting folks.  Im just kidding, Im praying for you too.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top