Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2007 10:34:30 AM EDT
Council passes Sales Tax increase

Guess I'll be making sure I don't shop at any of the Birmingham stores any more. I predict with the business license increase you'll also see business revenue dry up as well too.

What a bunch of idiots...
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#1]
c'mon now, gotta pay for that domed flea market..er stadium....that the voters have rejected time and again...
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#2]

this infuriates me to an all time high.  when will this MMM..i am not going to say it,  get it through his head.  GET RID OF THE CRIME and birmingham will slowly get back on the right track.  the police are the lowest paid at of all the local areas.  i would not won't to be a cop in bham.  i will not even so much as buy a coke anywhere in bham now.  how long before he petitions for all the outlying areas(trussville, vestavia, mountain brook...etc) for money for this idiotic idea...or the county for that matter. then they raise our taxes.  i regret ever moving to jefferson county.  wonder where he has in mind of putting a dome stadium.  what will happen to legion field?  

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
We gonna gets us a dome an sum free laptops fo da chilrenz.

Screw Larry.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#4]
yea, they'll be swaping em for crack first day
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
yea, they'll be swaping em for crack first day

Who cares. The point is, you owe it to them.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Sure glad I moved from Jeff. County to Blount County in May

Now I just read and laugh
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:20:18 AM EDT
[#7]
So ya'll know, I am not originally from here, but I thought enough of this area/state to relocate my family here and I made the BEST decision.  Alabama is just about the best place to be in the whole world.  I am NOT going to slam Alaman, or anyone for moving, because we all have reasons for what we do and he obviously cares, or he wouldn't post, but I would like to say that the actions of TX are what we need to show people here.  

I will further state that I am a racist, I hate a$$&*!!@s!  People just need to to be shown what is right.  What is right is that people get to live the way they want and that we do NOT have to pay for the mistakes/desires of others.  How to fix it?  Keeping our rights/guns is a good start!  Thanks for listening, but I think a lot about this area and the people.

I do NOT have to risk my life 'easily' anymore, but I do it for those and the state that I truly care about and for where I live.  Thank God for Alabama and the type of people that live here, seriously.  Thanks to all of you that have welcomed my family and myself here.  Just go to the Huntsville Resr Area and read the stone, "WE DARE TO DEFEND OUR RIGHTS".

Quoted:
Sure glad I moved from Jeff. County to Blount County in May

Now I just read and laugh
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:20:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Crazy Larry raised the tax in Fairfield(where he lives).  This made it harder on the businesses in Fairfield.  Now 2/3's of the businesses on Fairfield have closed down.

He then raised in in Jefferson county after the people said no.  Most of this money goes to the BJCC.  Business slowed down, but did not stop, although I have noticed a definite increase in the number of businesses going out of business.

Now he is raising it in Birmingham.  Guess what the result will be.  Although there is not much left in Birmingham, my guess is that about 1/3rd of the small businesses will leave.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully the feds get him on the bond swaps
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
snip
I will further state that I am a racist, I hate a$$&*!!@s!  People just need to to be shown what is right.  What is right is that people get to live the way they want and that we do NOT have to pay for the mistakes/desires of others.  How to fix it?  Keeping our rights/guns is a good start!  Thanks for listening, but I think a lot about this area and the people. snip

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#11]
dbl tap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top