Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 4:21:28 PM EDT

We could beat cheaper than dirt prices and still make a nice profit out of all of these

cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=1404767&convertTo=USD
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
i'd be willing to go in. i just registered on that site. i wouldn't be able to transport from auction location, but can provide supplemental funds .
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in. Seriously.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I would go in, rent a big uhual truck to get them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:00:28 AM EDT
[#4]
group buy?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
group buy?

you think Anvil Arms could engrave them for us?  .  

Couch - so, you say you just registered - did they give any other details such as if they have a forklift that is provided to load the pallets, or if there are any additional (hidden) fees beyond what the auction price goes for?

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
group buy?

you think Anvil Arms could engrave them for us?  .  

I've got a dremel tool but I can't promise that the lettering will be pretty lol
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd be in for some... anybody moving on this one?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I would be in for some cans too.  But first off how much are you willing to put into them per can?  I have a Army surplus store in Leeds.  I have a supplier that can get me cans cheap, and deliver them too. My supplier is currently out of the loop right now.  In my store I retail the 50 cal cans for $5.00 each.  CTD price is $7.97.  If I can help out, let me know.  Thanks, DARRYL  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#9]
load only by  appointment within 14 days of close of sale. the lot is 650 cans.  you'd have to get them for cheap to justify reselling. there were also 1453 7.62 cans.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't forget there is a 10% Buyer's Premium added onto the winning bid, and 8% Alabama Tax added onto the winning bid and the Buyer's Premium. If you also rent a truck to pick them up, the total "per can cost" increases quite a bit from the actual winning bid.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Don't forget there is a 10% Buyer's Premium added onto the winning bid, and 8% Alabama Tax added onto the winning bid and the Buyer's Premium. If you also rent a truck to pick them up, the total "per can cost" increases quite a bit from the actual winning bid.  

thanks, that is exactly the "hooks" I was looking for.

10% buyers premium?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 2:19:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:19:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks, that is exactly the "hooks" I was looking for.

10% buyers premium?

You are welcome.

Yeah, I didn't find out about the Buyer's Premium or the Alabama Tax until I downloaded the invoice to pay for my auction.

+1 on what The_Beer_Slayer said about the cost being way high. Anniston doesn't receive  many ammo cans, so there is usually a crowd bidding to buy them when they are available. I would expect the cans to go for $3.75 to $4.50 each, before the Buyer's Premium and the Alabama Tax.

The cans I bought from the Anniston auction were received from the Coast Guard. They are so new, you can still smell the paint curing on the cans. No rust, no sand or mud, and no scratches, they look (and smell) like they were manufactured yesterday. The cans on the auction you linked to are packaged the same way as mine were, wrapped in plactic, with the lids separate from the cans. If you look at other ammo can auctions, the cans are usually just banded, not wrapped in plastic. Maybe these are Coast Guard cans also?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top