Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 9:46:27 AM EDT
Just got back, wife went shopping so I was able to ease out for a while (had shoulder surgery two weeks ago today and she thinks shooting might not be the best activity at the moment), took a NIB FEG GKK .45, is a twelve year old gun but never fired. Went down the road to a favorite isolated spot, set up targets at 20 yds, had gun and two magazines. Fired eighty rounds of my handload 230g Berry's plated bullets with 5g of Red Dot. Gun functioned perfectly. First eight rounds were spread out, I got the feel of the trigger and sight alignment and accuracy became very good. 6" groups for eight rounds was no problem. Rotated magazines each time, both worked perfectly. Total cost for gun was $330 with four magazines. Internally gun is a Browning High Power. Takedown and cleaning is the same. I'm no gun snob, am fortunate to own several high dollar types but there is absoultely nothing wrong with this one. I wanted a lower cost gun in .45 acp for canoeing and kayaking and this one is perfect. Good option for someone wanting a reliable .45 without spending $500 up.

Magazine holds eight rounds and is double action also.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top