Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2007 3:27:15 AM EDT
Guys, those of you here that goes to this National Park Range - beware there are some NeoNazi-type (swastikas tattoos on upper right shoulder blade) and idiots that doesn't look before calling the range hot were there recently.

Try to have at least 2 other shooting buddies with you if possible to stay back and watch over the equipment and covering your six (esp. if you are using the 100yd area and putting up targets).

Some fuktards that came later on, while I was putting up targets downrange at 100yrds, called the range HOT!

Be Careful
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up, Khadre. I was planning on going there to test out my new Ciener kit and BDM mags when they get here, but I might have to go somewhere else.

BTW, what exactly were the NeoNazi's doing? I know a few people that have tattoo's from a previous, less illustrious life, that are indicitive of past mistakes but no reason to condemn them now. Of course if they were the ones shooting on a cold range or otherwise making asses of themselves, then ignore this post.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Bamaslam,
If you are using the pistol range, it's not so bad as you don't have to walk that far to put up targets.

It was the demeanor and looks they gave to my Native American friend that was alarming to her while I was putting up targets.  They were making remarks while shooting their targets, as if they are shooting certain area of the targets or body.

I wish I could stay and go out there with you but I am moving back to Mobile this week.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh ok, I gotcha. No prob. I've pretty much stopped going out there anyway just because of the horrible ass road. I feel like I have to pack every gun and every round of ammo into individual Pelican cases just because my Xterra is hopping around all over the place on those ruts.

Damn, that sucks that you're moving, I woulda made at least one more trip out there to meet an ARFCOMmer. Have a safe move though, hope everything goes easy and don't forget to slow down in Grove Hill, if you go that way.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm I'm actually moving up to Tuscaloosa from the Mobile area for school this fall.

Is there not a RO at this place? Damn Nazis....
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#5]
EMC,
good to hear that you are coming up this way.  I will be back periodically though.

No it's a public, National Park range so no RO unless you volunteer to be one.  
You either put $3 day pass in the orange steel box or possess current AL Hunting Permit.

I've been many times w/o incident but with many shooting buddies with me.  This time there were only 2 of us (I recommend 3 or more, preferably with their own guns / equipments).

Forest Service worker periodically check the range from time to time but I may need to let them know next time I run into them about some very unsafe situation there.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top