Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2007 11:20:50 AM EDT
Saw an ad in the paper this morning for a "Dylan PL550 shell loader, $200" spelled just that way...

By the phone prefix, I knew the person who placed the ad lived 30-40miles away....

I called, a woman answered and I asked just exactly what was this "Dylan"... she responded that it had been her son's.... one of his many hobbies that he stuck with for a few months and never touched again. She then warned me that it would "only" load pistol and rifle shells, not shotgun shells....

I made the trip first thing this morning to check it out.... obviously, it was a Dillon RL550.

Came with 5 sets of dies, 223, 25-06, 30-06, 45 ACP and 30 Carbine.

5 caliber conversion kits, 223, 30-06, 45 ACP, 30 Carbine, 9MM, 38Spec

6 tool heads

6 primer tubes

A Dillon balance beam scale

A large brass primer flipper marked "NATO Spec"

Various primer pocket and case mouth tools.

A bullet puller

The Optional zippered Dillon press cover

Approx 800 Winchester 9MM 115 FMJ bullets (don't even own a 9MM)

And some other stuff that I don't remember off the top of my head...

Maybe I did okay for $200!

I did have to unbolt it from the bench though.....
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Saw an ad in the paper this morning for a "Dylan PL550 shell loader, $200" spelled just that way...

By the phone prefix, I knew the person who placed the ad lived 30-40miles away....

I called, a woman answered and I asked just exactly what was this "Dylan"... she responded that it had been her son's.... one of his many hobbies that he stuck with for a few months and never touched again. She then warned me that it would "only" load pistol and rifle shells, not shotgun shells....

I made the trip first thing this morning to check it out.... obviously, it was a Dillon RL550.

Came with 5 sets of dies, 223, 25-06, 30-06, 45 ACP and 30 Carbine.

5 caliber conversion kits, 223, 30-06, 45 ACP, 30 Carbine, 9MM, 38Spec

6 tool heads

6 primer tubes

A Dillon balance beam scale

A large brass primer flipper marked "NATO Spec"

Various primer pocket and case mouth tools.

A bullet puller

The Optional zippered Dillon press cover

Approx 800 Winchester 9MM 115 FMJ bullets (don't even own a 9MM)

And some other stuff that I don't remember off the top of my head...

Maybe I did okay for $200!

I did have to unbolt it from the bench though.....

You beat me to it....I hate you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top