Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 7:10:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I grew up in Frankln County.  My family is fine.

I hope everyone else is OK too.  

On radar, I saw what looked like the return of the Northern Alabama monster, on its usual, long path--across Lawrence Co to Madison.  I haven't heard any info though.  The storm had the hook on the South side, and at the center of the cell, it had to be hailing because the echo return was white--past purple.  There were two storms of this intensity at one time last night.

Several strings of radar-red pearls were 100+ miles long yesterday.  There were simultaneously, twelve Tornado Warnings and ten Severe T-Storm warnings at one time according to noaa.com.  

I was remembering April 3rd, 1974 yesterday.  I'll never forget that day.    

Man, I hope everyone is OK.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Hoover is A-OK. Like a big rain storm
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I listened to the scanner and watched the radar online until 03:00.  Gardendale got PUMMELED.  At one point, the officer said that he saw a clear line cut through some woods where there must have been a touchdown.  Wife and I are about to leave and go investigate.  Other than the neighbor's shigles being all over the yard (thank God they're not ours) and a limb on my truck.  We're ok.

ETA:  CampNinja - please check in
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Had a few minutes of HEAVY rain/wind, but all is OK here.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I was on the eastern end of Smith Lake in Cullman (the Carpetbagger) County last night. Tornado was spotted just to the north, going the Crane Hill, Logan, Good Hope path.

Have not heard of any damage reports yet. Locals here are all fine.

We were on the verge of hitting the storm cellar for about 30 minutes right after midnight. Awesome light show.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:38:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Golfball sized hail slammed into my place like a shotgun. Looks like some ran a saladmaster all over, no damage.

rk
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#8]
pea sized hail in montgomery/prattville but that was about the worst of it for us. glad to hear that most of us made it through okay.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup, pretty rough 'round G'dale 31 parts.  Our children's pediatrician is a friend of ours, and her business is shot out.  Oh well, there will be a nicer sign now.  Coulda been much worse, but the property damage for about 1/5 of a mile is amazing.  It didn't ruin the title pawn place bad enough, though.  Those should all be destroyed.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]
12 hours of false alarms from Weather.com (originally predicted arrival here at 2 PM FRI, it arrived at 2 AM SAT- and this was the Friday AM forecast), 30 seconds of hail, and about 30 minutes of rain. That was all for here.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:13:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
12 hours of false alarms from Weather.com

Same here.  It was raining here near Wetumpka when I woke up, then sunshine the rest of the day.  No hail or rain the rest of the day.  Hope everyone up north is okay.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:42:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad to see that everyone is ok.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Here in Cullman County we lucked with the biggest loss being sleep.  I think I got into bed around 2:00AM yesterday morning.  

Edited to add:  Now they're saying that an F1 hit here doing some damage to a Chicken House.

Rick
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Limestone County OK
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#15]
just a li'l wind & rain here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top