Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:16:45 PM EDT
????????
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure, but I would like to know as well.  Anyone know?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#2]
RS 56:116.1 B(3)

No person shall .......

Take or kill any game bird or wild quadruped with a firearm fitted with any device to deaden or silence the sound of the discharge thereof; or fitted with an infrared sight, electrically operated sight, or device specifically designed to enhance vision at night; or with or by means of an automatic loading or hand operated repeating shotgun capable of holding more than three shells.  Any shotgun capable of holding more than three shells shall be plugged with a one-piece filler incapable of removal through the loading end, so as to reduce the capacity of the gun to not more than three shells at one loading.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks, I've searched the revised statutes but missed this section
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#4]
So what do you classified feral hogs on private property? I can shoot my cow, my pig in the pen, even my chicken little with a can. So can I shoot a feral hog on my property with a can? I asked more than one game warden that question and can not get an answer to it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Same issue here, have encountered game wardens who did not know the law.  Does it matter if you're hunting non-game animals, ie. hogs and nutria rats?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top